Plugin Contributions

Default Lost username and password

Hi guys, I've lost my user and pass on an old site which I now have an order in. The reset email doesn't work as it's the email of the developer who was helping set the site up and he's now gone AWOL

I've tried the steps on this page - http://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?...rd-(i-lost-it) - but it doesn't work as I get an error saying that admin_level doesn't exist

Is there any thing else I can do? Thankfully I have the customers order details in my email so I can fill the order but still need to get into the site

Cheers,
    Dave

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Lost username and password

Quote Originally Posted by DaveS View Post
    Hi guys, I've lost my user and pass on an old site which I now have an order in. The reset email doesn't work as it's the email of the developer who was helping set the site up and he's now gone AWOL

I've tried the steps on this page - http://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?...rd-(i-lost-it) - but it doesn't work as I get an error saying that admin_level doesn't exist

Is there any thing else I can do? Thankfully I have the customers order details in my email so I can fill the order but still need to get into the site

Cheers,
    Dave
    Are you sure that your site is 1.3.9 and below and hasn't been updated/upgraded to 1.5.x?

The existence of the datatable field admin_level is dependent on the version of ZC... Ie, try the other SQL statement, the one for 1.5.x.

The first sql statement may throw an error now, but the second one is the important statement that does the "work".

Lastly, if that doesn't work, and because it seems that you can get to your host's mySQLadmin, take a look at the table, and identify what field(s) are present and use the last field name in place of either of the two provided in the help. It would be amazing if your AWOL programmer changed those table values as it would involve several changes throughout the site; however, it would get you back to where you need to get.
    Last edited by mc12345678; 18 Nov 2013 at 02:55 PM.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Hi, thanks a million. Is it the 1.5 site, and I thought I was using the correct SQL statement, but it looks like I must have copied the wrong text.... Doh..

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DaveS View Post
    Hi, thanks a million. Is it the 1.5 site, and I thought I was using the correct SQL statement, but it looks like I must have copied the wrong text.... Doh..
    So, fixed, or still working it out? (No problem, didn't see the version identified in your post, and wasn't sure how muchu knew about the site seeing you had sommeone else helping.)
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Yep, all fixed now thanks!