Plugin Contributions

red flag Paypal checkout cannot complete order, does not include shipping option

Ever since paypal changed their check out interface, all orders can not come through. Final check out page is either blank or loop back to login page.

I upgraded from v139 to v151 and hoping this will fix the problem. Check out problem is still the same, at the final check out page, it goes back to the login page. Order still can no go through.

Further more, a new problem comes up, shipping fee and option page disappeared, only the subtotal is being shown at the paypal login/guest check out page. Since I cannot even get to the final check out page, I won't know if the shipping fee is added to the total or not.

It seems like every one else do not have the same problems as I have. This leads me to suspect, could this be an attack to obtain user information for paypal guests? Although I do not notice any suspicious sign up or email contacts.

Any advice on which direction should I trouble shoot? Any help is appreciated! I am desperate! This has been going on for almost 2 weeks.
    Last edited by imen; 20 Nov 2013 at 05:38 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Paypal checkout cannot complete order, does not include shipping option

Quote Originally Posted by imen View Post
    Ever since paypal changed their check out interface, all orders can not come through. Final check out page is either blank or loop back to login page.

I upgraded from v139 to v151 and hoping this will fix the problem. Check out problem is still the same, at the final check out page, it goes back to the login page. Order still can no go through.

Further more, a new problem comes up, shipping fee and option page disappeared, only the subtotal is being shown at the paypal login/guest check out page. Since I cannot even get to the final check out page, I won't know if the shipping fee is added to the total or not.

It seems like every one else do not have the same problems as I have. This leads me to suspect, could this be an attack to obtain user information for paypal guests? Although I do not notice any suspicious sign up or email contacts.

Any advice on which direction should I trouble shoot? Any help is appreciated! I am desperate! This has been going on for almost 2 weeks.
    Sounds like a file issue more than a paypal/communication issue. Blank pages tend to lead to creation of error logs either in ZC (now the logs folder) oor in the hosts error logs.

If there is a concern of malicious activity there is a forum that has links to read about what to do if an attack is suspected. (Don't think that it would have been specific to paypal, but general.) Whatever the cause, the issue is more than likely in your template or default files. The files recently uploaded may not have transferred completely or you may have files presumed to not be active if by trying to rename them something like file.old.php. Any file that ends in .php will load and should instead end in something like .old or something else.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Paypal checkout cannot complete order, does not include shipping option

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Sounds like a file issue more than a paypal/communication issue. Blank pages tend to lead to creation of error logs either in ZC (now the logs folder) oor in the hosts error logs.

If there is a concern of malicious activity there is a forum that has links to read about what to do if an attack is suspected. (Don't think that it would have been specific to paypal, but general.) Whatever the cause, the issue is more than likely in your template or default files. The files recently uploaded may not have transferred completely or you may have files presumed to not be active if by trying to rename them something like file.old.php. Any file that ends in .php will load and should instead end in something like .old or something else.
    I had not done anything except update products via database admin for a long time, that includes after paypal stop working. I had the database restore back to the day when things were working normally. It still didn't fix the problem. If like you said, upload is not completed, how can I find those files? I am assuming a new version should automatically complete uploading the necessary files, never presume anything huh...

Plugin Contributions

I had not done anything except update products via database admin for a long time, that includes after paypal stop working. I had the database restore back to the day when things were working normally. It still didn't fix the problem. If like you said, upload is not completed, how can I find those files? I am assuming a new version should automatically complete uploading the necessary files, never presume anything huh...
    Uploading the files (which are different than the SQL database) is directed to happen by the person copying the files to the server. (By ftp) new old or not, the files may not successfully upload at one point or another. Restoring the database is one half of what runs ZC, ideally, would want to restore the program side back to the last successful PayPal purchase.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Uploading the files (which are different than the SQL database) is directed to happen by the person copying the files to the server. (By ftp) new old or not, the files may not successfully upload at one point or another. Restoring the database is one half of what runs ZC, ideally, would want to restore the program side back to the last successful PayPal purchase.
    By program, do you mean zencart itself? If so, by upgrading to the new version, would that fix the problem? Thanks for replying!

Plugin Contributions

By program, do you mean zencart itself? If so, by upgrading to the new version, would that fix the problem? Thanks for replying!
    So, ZenCart is made of two parts, a database that stores database like information to be processed and displayed by the program (other half). You don't really have Zen Cart with out both pieces. So the program side is the instruction that makes things happen, the database is basically just information that has been stored.

Regarding the upgrade, it completely depends on how the upgrade is performed. If the new files were merged with the old files, then it is possible that the same error that existed was carried over. If the upgrade was begun with a fresh copy (suggested means to upgrade), then the error is not likely to exist after upgrade. In either case, any plug-ins that were previously installed need to also be incorporated and be incorporated with the version(s) that work with the ZC version. So, again the process performed to upgrade could have reintroduced an existing error/not corrected an error.

Upgrading to the new version with a freshly downloaded copy would solve the problem far more than likely. If not, then the problem is in the database and that seems highly unlikely in this situation.