Plugin Contributions

Default Remove Featured Items Sidebox from Featured Items Page

Seems like it should be simple enough (if not the default) but for some reason I can't find the way to prevent featured_products sidebox from displaying within the featured_products page.

Found one similar thread in the forums about disabling the shopping cart on the shopping cart page, which offers a method similar to the one on the ZC tutorial page, which recommends wrapping most of the code (all following $content = "";?)in the MY_TEMPLAYE/sideboxes/tpl_featured.php within a conditional:

Code:
     if (!in_array($current_page_base,explode(",",'featured_products')) ) {
    REST of the CODE
    }
    This clears the contents of the box, but the header is still there.

It's not tpl_main_page or column_right.php I need to be looking at, is it?

Thanks for any insight.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Remove Featured Items Sidebox from Featured Items Page

Quote Originally Posted by mutinyzoo View Post
    Seems like it should be simple enough (if not the default) but for some reason I can't find the way to prevent featured_products sidebox from displaying within the featured_products page.

Found one similar thread in the forums about disabling the shopping cart on the shopping cart page, which offers a method similar to the one on the ZC tutorial page, which recommends wrapping most of the code (all following $content = "";?)in the MY_TEMPLAYE/sideboxes/tpl_featured.php within a conditional:

Code:
     if (!in_array($current_page_base,explode(",",'featured_products')) ) {
    REST of the CODE
    }
    This clears the contents of the box, but the header is still there.

It's not tpl_main_page or column_right.php I need to be looking at, is it?

Thanks for any insight.
    I'm not sure which file it would be in, and as such if you have text on the screen that you do not want shown, then I would search for that text to identify what it's define is, then search for that define to find what template file(s) use that text. Then, would do as you describe to wrap that portion in a conditional if statement. I don't think it would be in the particular column file nor the main_page file as those two are basically going to handle all things that are to show up in that area, and I would think a separate handler pulls all things related to that content. Somewhere deeper in that would be where you would need to look.

By the way the search tool I'm referring to is the developer tools in the admin panel assuming that is available in your version.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Thanks, MC12345678. The problem was simply that i was working in the wrong sideboxes folder. The tpl_featured.php file in MY_TEMPLATE only delivers what happens WITHIN the sidebox, BELOW the Sidebox Header.

Copying Modules/Sideboxes/featured.php to Modules/Sideboxes/MY_TEMPLATE/featured.php and adding the COnditional IF statement THERE (as described in the above-linked ZC tutorial) did the trick.

BTW i thanks for reminding me about the Developer Toolkit. I always end up just using TextWrangler (free version of OSX BBedit) to find text, but it doesn't offer the specific TYPE of search.

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    By the way the search tool I'm referring to is the developer tools in the admin panel assuming that is available in your version.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mutinyzoo View Post
    Thanks, MC12345678. The problem was simply that i was working in the wrong sideboxes folder. The tpl_featured.php file in MY_TEMPLATE only delivers what happens WITHIN the sidebox, BELOW the Sidebox Header.

Copying Modules/Sideboxes/featured.php to Modules/Sideboxes/MY_TEMPLATE/featured.php and adding the COnditional IF statement THERE (as described in the above-linked ZC tutorial) did the trick.

BTW i thanks for reminding me about the Developer Toolkit. I always end up just using TextWrangler (free version of OSX BBedit) to find text, but it doesn't offer the specific TYPE of search.
    More than welcome. Like I said not sure which file, but knew a method to figure it out. Good work on keeping with the override format. Best of luck with your store!
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...