Plugin Contributions

Default Downloads Manager in V1.51 with utf-8 upgrade does not accept punctuation correctly

I've fairly successfully upgraded from version 1.38a to 1.51 and also used Dr. Byte's MySQL script to update my database to utf8-general. Problem: in the Downloads Manager, say I input "The Sky's the Limit" for the filename field and click Update. The filename is saved as "The Sky\'s the Limit" and of course the file is not found (Red dot). However, if I make the same edit in the Attributes Controller and it works fine. (I'm simply typing an English keyboard 'straight' apostrophe in each case.) Does anyone know how to make it work correctly in the Downloads Manager?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Downloads Manager in V1.51 with utf-8 upgrade does not accept punctuation correct

You should avoid spaces, special characters, including apostrophes in filenames ... just use letters and numbers and you will not have this issue ...

If you want the final filename to have special characters like that, Zip it to a filename without them and when unzipped, they will be there for the customer ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Downloads Manager in V1.51 with utf-8 upgrade does not accept punctuation correct

Well, that would solve the problem, yes. But I'd like to include the punctuation to match the book titles in question. It just looks more ... literary, even if it's just a zip filename -- it's the first filename the customer sees. Plus, the punctuation *can* be entered and saved correctly in the Attributes Controller (and PHPMyAdmin), so there's something specifically different in how Downloads Manager's Edit window handles the input. I'd like to find a fix to apply that module so it works like Attributes Controller. Short of that I'll keep my punctuation and edit in the Attributes Controller, which is more step-intensive for updating a bunch of filenames than the Downloads Manager.

Plugin Contributions

You could cause issues on the download and it really isn't advised ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!