Plugin Contributions

Default Want to use some of the latest modules but can not upgrade from v1.3.9

A year or 2 ago, I attempted to upgrade from 1.3.9h to 1.5.0 and although I had backed up both my zencart files and my database I was unable to use many of the features associated with my cart. And when attempting to revert back to the previous version it would not allow me to renew my site using my saved db. So after having to call my web host and have them rollback my database from their servers I gave up on attempting to upgrade. But I am interested in using such modules as the Social log in. Can anyone tell me the basics on how to make up my own social log in plug in using my facebook api or are their any plug in that are compatible with v1.3.9h?

Default Re: Want to use some of the latest modules but can not upgrade from v1.3.9

Thanks you the information

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Want to use some of the latest modules but can not upgrade from v1.3.9

Quote Originally Posted by sammirah View Post
    A year or 2 ago, I attempted to upgrade from 1.3.9h to 1.5.0 and although I had backed up both my zencart files and my database I was unable to use many of the features associated with my cart. And when attempting to revert back to the previous version it would not allow me to renew my site using my saved db. So after having to call my web host and have them rollback my database from their servers I gave up on attempting to upgrade. But I am interested in using such modules as the Social log in. Can anyone tell me the basics on how to make up my own social log in plug in using my facebook api or are their any plug in that are compatible with v1.3.9h?
    Lots of changes and improvements to zc 1.5.x in the past 2 years. You should get yourself a new zc file set (1.5.1) and upgrade. This time follow the upgrade instructions and back up both, file system and database, not just the file system.

Once upgraded, you will be able to install and configure many of the 1.5.x compatible mods and then customize the new cart to your liking.

Plugin Contributions

Oh trust me, my finger is on the trigger but I'm still afraid to pull it. I had backed up everything and all to no avail. I was fortunate to have a very helpful web hosting company. But I may get up the nerve later today.

Plugin Contributions

Oh trust me, my finger is on the trigger but I'm still afraid to pull it. I had backed up everything and all to no avail. I was fortunate to have a very helpful web hosting company. But I may get up the nerve later today.
    The point is you DON'T have to pull the trigger.
    Install a new copy of 151 in a subdirectory first with a NEW database.
    Leave your existing site alone to run your shop.
    Customise this NEW install as you want in your own time.

There are lots of faqs on how to do this safely without stuffing up your existing shop.

Plugin Contributions

I did that and somehow lost my entire database this weekend, not sure how the database was corrupted when I installed an entirely separate zencart. So after several failed attempts to reload from back ups and having my web host reinstall back ups from a week ago (which also didn't work) I am back at square 1 with a clean install of 1.5.1 and I have none of my old information anymore so I am shut down for a while until I get this new cart set up from scratch. Now I need to figure out how to make a Mystic River v. 1.3.9 template compatible in 1.5.1 4 years worth of hard work down the tubes so 1.5.x better be the best it can be.

Plugin Contributions

I did that and somehow lost my entire database this weekend, not sure how the database was corrupted when I installed an entirely separate zencart. So after several failed attempts to reload from back ups and having my web host reinstall back ups from a week ago (which also didn't work) I am back at square 1 with a clean install of 1.5.1 and I have none of my old information anymore so I am shut down for a while until I get this new cart set up from scratch. Now I need to figure out how to make a Mystic River v. 1.3.9 template compatible in 1.5.1 4 years worth of hard work down the tubes so 1.5.x better be the best it can be.
    The database backups that they restored, were they "accessed" from the old ZC files as well? Or were they restored, then accessed using the new 1.5.1 code?

Was the host's database restoration a partial (incremental) or full backup? Did you have any database backup of your own that you downloaded prior to attempting to upgrade?
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

The back of from the website host was a full back up of all files and the database which were v1.3.9; and I had downloaded and saved both the entire web store files folder as well as the most recent copy of the database with any changes that had been made up until Thursday before I went to bed and woke up Friday morning to all hell broken loose. Prior to contacting the web host I attempted to restore my database from my own back up but kept getting "can not connect with the database". Then the web host was able to get everything back online but then I couldn't get into the admin, even after requesting to resend my password which I had not changed in the 1st place.

Plugin Contributions

The back of from the website host was a full back up of all files and the database which were v1.3.9; and I had downloaded and saved both the entire web store files folder as well as the most recent copy of the database with any changes that had been made up until Thursday before I went to bed and woke up Friday morning to all hell broken loose. Prior to contacting the web host I attempted to restore my database from my own back up but kept getting "can not connect with the database". Then the web host was able to get everything back online but then I couldn't get into the admin, even after requesting to resend my password which I had not changed in the 1st place.
    Have you tried restoring the files to a local computer so that at the very least you can maybe copy and paste some things? This should be something possible. I couldn't imagine losing that much and not fighting tooth and nail to get it back together somehow.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

I am a person who believe everything happens for a reason. I have been thinking about taking my store in a different direction so now the decision has been made for me There are some good things that have come out of this, I am learning about SSL security for my store, and I do still have copies of my entire web store files and database which I am intending to use an MySQL manager to load into a blank database so I can see some of the things I need like my privacy policy etc.