Plugin Contributions

help question BLANK PAGE when updating order

Hi, please bare with me as I am a novice with zencart and am learning as I go.

I have just recently started taking orders on my site manchestermerchandise.com but I'm having a problem when updating orders.

When I change the status of the order to, example: Processing, Delivered and click update, it just goes to a blank screen!!

I have to then press Back on the browser to go back to the order page but it does'nt update the order box were the comments are, even though both notify customer & append comments box are both ticked.

If I then go to Customers/Orders page were it lists all orders placed, the status of the customers order HAS been changed to what I chose!!

But the problem is, why does this go to a BLANK screen when I update it on the actual order page and it WILL NOT update the: 'Date Added, Customer Notified, Status, Comments' section.

Any help would be very much appreciated, Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: BLANK PAGE when updating order

Quote Originally Posted by DewTech View Post
    Hi, please bare with me as I am a novice with zencart and am learning as I go.

I have just recently started taking orders on my site manchestermerchandise.com but I'm having a problem when updating orders.

When I change the status of the order to, example: Processing, Delivered and click update, it just goes to a blank screen!!

I have to then press Back on the browser to go back to the order page but it does'nt update the order box were the comments are, even though both notify customer & append comments box are both ticked.

If I then go to Customers/Orders page were it lists all orders placed, the status of the customers order HAS been changed to what I chose!!

But the problem is, why does this go to a BLANK screen when I update it on the actual order page and it WILL NOT update the: 'Date Added, Customer Notified, Status, Comments' section.

Any help would be very much appreciated, Thanks.
    Hi, welcome to zen cart.

As a new user, it will help you most if you take some time to go through the FAQs on this website.
    Regarding your particular issue, check: http://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?...art-of-a-page). Or there is. Another, that I can't seem to find at the moment.

Part of finding a solution also is by doing a search for your issue. A simple search of posts with the words blank screen will pull up many many similar threads with the same direction.

Regarding what you were seeing, when you press the back button, all that is happening is the previous screen is being shown. The data is not updated. Not until you select refresh on the screen. So instead of moving onto the orders screen, you could have refreshed that current screen to see that an update occurred. As to why it wasn't working, the instruction of the above link should help resolve the issue. Or at least provide some information so that others might be able to help.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...