Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Contact Us emails failing validation

For some a large number of the emails have stopped passing the email validation script and are not being sent. I noticed a ton of myDEBUG logs with this:
    Code:
    [27-Nov-2013 10:25:42] ERROR: Failed sending email to: "[email protected]" <> with subject: "Website Inquiry from sicassracing.com" (failed validation)
    Not sure what could be causing this... It is happening in both my test store and the live site?
    I have tested using several different VALID emails as the from email in the form, I have double checked the
    Email Address (Displayed to Contact you) address in the admin and the Set "Contact Us" Email Dropdown List address.
    Any ideas where to continue my search are greatly appreciated.
    Live site is http://sicassracing.com
    Please TESTING as the message body if you do visit so I can tell when and if it sends. THX

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Contact Us emails failing validation

Quote Originally Posted by mikestaps View Post
    For some a large number of the emails have stopped passing the email validation script and are not being sent. I noticed a ton of myDEBUG logs with this:
    Code:
    [27-Nov-2013 10:25:42] ERROR: Failed sending email to: "[email protected]" <> with subject: "Website Inquiry from sicassracing.com" (failed validation)
    Not sure what could be causing this... It is happening in both my test store and the live site?
    I have tested using several different VALID emails as the from email in the form, I have double checked the
    Email Address (Displayed to Contact you) address in the admin and the Set "Contact Us" Email Dropdown List address.
    Any ideas where to continue my search are greatly appreciated.
    Live site is http://sicassracing.com
    Please TESTING as the message body if you do visit so I can tell when and if it sends. THX
    What is the e-mail transport method?
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

It was PHP. I just tried setting it to smtpauth and my test email went through fine.
    Thanks, I was looking for something much more complex than that!

Plugin Contributions

It was PHP. I just tried setting it to smtpauth and my test email went through fine.
    Thanks, I was looking for something much more complex than that!
    No problem. :) Helped someone earlier this week with a somewhat similar issue; however, they found out that their email account was full... :)

Still a bit odd that PHP was a problem; however, it is suggested that an alternate method be used anyways...

Plugin Contributions

Looking in to it further I not sure that is the only issue...
    The amount of failed emails is extremely high: 266 today, 638 yesterday!
    I'm thinking I'v got a spam bot issue! Hopefully switching to smtpauth stops this.

Plugin Contributions

Looking in to it further I not sure that is the only issue...
    The amount of failed emails is extremely high: 266 today, 638 yesterday!
    I'm thinking I'v got a spam bot issue! Hopefully switching to smtpauth stops this.
    Not likely to stop it, unless the failed emails are all related to the system trying to resend a few messages. What version of ZC do you have installed? 1.5.1 has some anti-bot functionality to it, also there's google recaptcha. But ideally you would want to look through those messages/errors to identify from what page they came from... (New user, contact us, something else, etc...) If you had email archive turned on, then you could easily go through them with a plugin that does that, otherwise if not the plugin by looking through the database.

If nothing else it will allow new emails to get through, the question is how many are expected in the near future...

Plugin Contributions

Code:
    What is your setting for Configuration->Email Options->Email Address (sent FROM)? The error message implies that you've got it set to something like
    Last edited by lat9; 28 Nov 2013 at 08:56 PM. Reason: Fix quote

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    What is your setting for Configuration->Email Options->Email Address (sent FROM)? The error message implies that you've got it set to something like
    Sent from email is set to: [email protected]
    I am still waiting for all of my errors from the last four days to finish downloading so I can sort through them... 1868 error files!!!
    Last edited by mikestaps; 2 Dec 2013 at 03:38 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Not likely to stop it, unless the failed emails are all related to the system trying to resend a few messages. What version of ZC do you have installed? 1.5.1 has some anti-bot functionality to it, also there's google recaptcha. But ideally you would want to look through those messages/errors to identify from what page they came from... (New user, contact us, something else, etc...) If you had email archive turned on, then you could easily go through them with a plugin that does that, otherwise if not the plugin by looking through the database.

If nothing else it will allow new emails to get through, the question is how many are expected in the near future...
    Site is running 1.5.1. I am thinking it may be the quick form for the contact us that is in the mega menu header I have up. The errors don't specify what page as it is in the sending of the mail that it fails, thinking that that tells me the built in anti spam is doing it's job.
    The issue now is that over the holiday weekend I didn't receive any of my order confirmation emails... strange thing are brewing

Plugin Contributions

interesting... it looks like for some reason the send to email address is missing. Grabbing randomly from the massive amount of errors they all look to be the same:
    Code:
    [02-Dec-2013 08:03:27] ERROR: Failed sending email to: "" <> with subject: "Website Inquiry from sicassracing.com" (failed validation)
    I am going to yank the quick contact us from the header now, see if that helps.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast