Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Contact Us emails failing validation

Just changed hosts and am not having this same issue, what do I need to ask my host to change?
    Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by uswebworx View Post
    Just changed hosts and am not having this same issue, what do I need to ask my host to change?
    Thanks!
    Sorry to take months to realise I'd not given the vital info. With this particular host it was changing to smtpauth. The emails are getting through but still that pesky myDEBUG error!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Limey View Post
    I have something similar. Emails fail validation from the 'contact us' form and quick-contact header, but emails get through from the admin >Tools > send email. I deduce that it's not a server/hosting issue from the latter, but am failing to find what it might really be. Might it be some issue with the template or its implementation of Megamenu????

v1.5.1

error log "[31-Jan-2014 12:16:05] ERROR: Failed sending email to: "" <> with subject: "Website Inquiry from ** **" (failed validation)"

email_debug.php is not activated from the contact options, but is from: Admin >Tools > Send Email

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Limey View Post
    Sorry to take months to realise I'd not given the vital info. With this particular host it was changing to smtpauth. The emails are getting through but still that pesky myDEBUG error!
    There's been a lot of stuff discussed in this thread, including getting errors using contact-us, some "quick-contact" addon, and admin send-mail page.

What exact steps can trigger this problem on your site?
    Is the error still exactly as I quoted above from one of your earlier posts?
    I suspect in your Admin->Configuration->Email Options settings you've got some blank email addresses set up, probably due to incorrectly formatting the email addresses you've entered. If you've got a semi-colon after any email address you've entered, try removing it if there is not another address after it. If you've got a "blank line" added after any email address in those settings, remove it. Extra "spaces" shouldn't matter, but clean those up too.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    What is your setting for Configuration->Email Options->Email Address (sent FROM)? The error message implies that you've got it set to something like
    I have had the same problem, receiving an error like
    Code:
    ERROR: Failed sending email to: "[email protected]" <> with subject: "some subject" (failed validation)
    In "Admin>E-Mail Options>Set "Contact Us" Email Dropdown List" I had entered the address simply like "[email protected]".
    Changing the address to this format: Name 1 <email@address1>, solved the problem!
    Apparently the brackets <> in the error message imply the absence of an email address between the brackets. Would that be true??

NB: zc v1.5.4 and zc 1.5.5e

jpda
    Last edited by jpda; 12 Jul 2017 at 05:11 AM.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jpda View Post
    I have had the same problem, receiving an error like
    Code:
    ERROR: Failed sending email to: "[email protected]" <> with subject: "some subject" (failed validation)
    In "Admin>E-Mail Options>Set "Contact Us" Email Dropdown List" I had entered the address simply like "[email protected]".
    Changing the address to this format: Name 1 <email@address1>, solved the problem!
    Apparently the brackets <> in the error message imply the absence of an email address between the brackets. Would that be true??

NB: zc v1.5.4 and zc 1.5.5e

jpda
    Yes, that's true. That's exactly why the description text for that field specifically tells you to use that format.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Yes, that's true. That's exactly why the description text for that field specifically tells you to use that format.
    Thank you for confirming! The description seemed not that "compulsory" in case you only have one e-mail address. I seem to remember it had been working in older zc versions...

Cheers,

jpda

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234