Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Checkbox instead of buy now button on all products page

Hi,

I want to select multiple products (Check Box) on the "All Products" page and then add them to the cart all at once.
    I have searched the web and the zc forums & plugins for hours but haven't been able to find any thing. Any pointers or suggestions would be Greatly Appreciated.
    NOTE:
    As far as I know using Attributes will not accomplish this function.

BTW
    THANKS! to the zc community for the 6 add ins I am using.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Checkbox instead of buy now button on all products page

In a stock Zencart installation, the All Products listing does have quantity boxes (except thos products with attributes), so we'll need to see your site.

Plugin Contributions

Stevesh,
    Thanks for your responce.
    I cannot show you the site just yet as I need to protect my clients' interests before we go into production.
    In my searches I have come across other zenners wanting a similar function.
    I have been using zc for several years now and am familiar with all the combinations of product entry options and attributes.
    None of these options provide a checkbox on the All Products page.

Simply put I want to be able to scroll down the All Products page checking off the items I want to order and then click a button that will add them all to the cart at once.

I know this is not a trivial task but with all the plugins out there I thought someone may have already done something like this.

I can deal with disabling/not displaying any other buy now buttons or quantity boxes on the page.

Plugin Contributions

I guess my point was that it has already been done, unless I don't exactly understand the question. Here's my All Products page from a bone-stock test installation, using all the default admin options, and no plugins:

http://www.stevesh.com/demo/index.ph...e=products_all

Plugin Contributions

I am aware of that option(s)

I don't want the reps/customers to have to enter any values, Just check a box for each item on the All Products page they want to buy and then click a single "Add To Cart" button to add them all at once. They will be working from a tablet.
    It would add whatever minimum amount I entered when adding the product to the catalog. (see graphic)

My problem is I'm not a coder. Usually I get a lead to a plugin that does what I want with some minor hacking :-) .......

Below is how I enter my products.
    I have been using zc for several years now and am familiar with all the combinations of product entry options and attributes and I don't think I can get the checkbox with those options.
    I don't know of any of these options coupled with attributes that would provide a checkbox on the All Products page.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by linuxguy2 View Post
    I am aware of that option(s)

I don't want the reps/customers to have to enter any values, Just check a box for each item on the All Products page they want to buy and then click a single "Add To Cart" button to add them all at once. They will be working from a tablet.
    It would add whatever minimum amount I entered when adding the product to the catalog. (see graphic)

My problem is I'm not a coder. Usually I get a lead to a plugin that does what I want with some minor hacking :-) .......

Below is how I enter my products.
    I have been using zc for several years now and am familiar with all the combinations of product entry options and attributes and I don't think I can get the checkbox with those options.
    I don't know of any of these options coupled with attributes that would provide a checkbox on the All Products page.
    Also not saying easy, but thinking (based on viewing the page source for stevesh's site) that wherever the html for input type="text" name="products_id[X]" value ="[minimum quantity]" etc... is put, that there is a checkbox definition instead with the same related information that when the add selected products to cart button is pressed, all of the checked items are reviewed such that if the checkbox of that named item is checked then add that item to the cart instead of verifying that the value assigned to the item is something other than zero... I haven't looked at the downstream code (action from pressing the button), but that seems to be what the OP is asking for. As far as the attribute side of things, well, seems like another story....

How to flag this to happen only for one thing and not another, is yet another story... (ie., recognizing that ZC code is reused in a number of places, and changing the code rather than adding to it, could have an effect down stream in the future...)
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for your reply,
    I agree it won't be easy to implement but I think it's doable. Maybe that's why there isn't a check box plugin for the Products Listing page itself.

However there is a like function when you change item amounts in the shopping cart and click the global update.
    Also the remove from cart has a check box so you can remove multiple items at once.

Hopefully others who are more familiar with the code will chime in but meanwhile I'm going to look at those two functions.

Attachment 13418

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by linuxguy2 View Post
    Thanks for your reply,
    I agree it won't be easy to implement but I think it's doable. Maybe that's why there isn't a check box plugin for the Products Listing page itself.

However there is a like function when you change item amounts in the shopping cart and click the global update.
    Also the remove from cart has a check box so you can remove multiple items at once.

Hopefully others who are more familiar with the code will chime in but meanwhile I'm going to look at those two functions.

Attachment 13418
    So, one of the things I was thinking about, and only making an assumption of how I think the code works is, that in the routine that inspects the returned values from "moving to the next page" if the input type is inspected and is a checkbox, to validate it's status, if checked add the value amount to the cart (this last part would follow standard processing), if the input type isn't a checkbox, then to inspect it like usual looking for a non-zero (probably positive) value to add to the cart. May not be as easy as that, but implementation would use a template modified version of code to process, so as not to lose core functionality. Thinking no core mods necessary, but that totally depends on well the dependencies.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

I missed the checkbox part of your original question. Unfortunately, I'm not much of a coder either, but mc's ideas seem sound. I would probably look at replacing the quantity box code with the checkbox code. You also might look at the product info page code. If you have a minimum of 6 set for the product, the quantity box on the product info page will show 6.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks, I'll be sure look at it before I start hacking.. :-)

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast