Plugin Contributions

Default Order total modules don't appear in Modules/Order Total

I have no totals appearing on order pages in admin, and I assume it is because under Modules/Order Total, nothing appears, and so none of the modules have been installed. I have deleted the files through ftp and copied over a new set, but they are not appearing either. I read a suggestion that this is a known issue, but I can't find a solution. Payment ans shipping modules are fine.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Order total modules don't appear in Modules/Order Total

Totals are in database.

Plugin Contributions

If you don't see anything in Admin->Modules->Order Totals, you probably have a bug somewhere in your code that is preventing the page from rendering. Check the logs folder (1.5.1) or cache folder (prior versions).
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by swguy View Post
    Check the logs folder (1.5.1)
    The only error I have there relates to displaying categories through /tpl_mega_menu.php, which I have turned off for other reasons. Any other possible approaches?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by godt View Post
    The only error I have there relates to displaying categories through /tpl_mega_menu.php, which I have turned off for other reasons. Any other possible approaches?
    Thinking that something may have happened to the mysql database. Not having an admin menu option is along the lines of a "setting" going wrong in the database. Did you recently install anything that may have overwritten/conflicted with an existing menu option?(Possibly it too does not appear?). There is a FaQ or similar that identifies the gID for all of the standard functions. Further the install sQL will have something in it as well.

I could also be wrong about that considering it's a different type of function than a standard menu option. Other thoughts are, renamed/disabled file that still has .php as an extension and is conflicting (error message would have been likely) oare in the wrong path/directory structure.
    Last edited by mc12345678; 28 Nov 2013 at 02:17 AM.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Yes. Importing customer-order tables. Could this affect the appearance of ot_modules? Tracking it down, is deleting and copying over a new admin directory a sensible thing to do?

Plugin Contributions

Yes. Importing customer-order tables. Could this affect the appearance of ot_modules? Tracking it down, is deleting and copying over a new admin directory a sensible thing to do?
    In the short term, there is no need to delete the old admin directory. You can have more than one. Makes "testing" easier. But you must delete the old one eventually to maintain security.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    In the short term, there is no need to delete the old admin directory. You can have more than one. Makes "testing" easier. But you must delete the old one eventually to maintain security.
    Thanks for your reply. So I can run a parallel admin without messing up a live site. By which I mean people working in the existing one.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for your reply. So I can run a parallel admin without messing up a live site. By which I mean people working in the existing one.
    Yes can work in an alternate one, but realize that changing some settings there will have an equivalent effect on what they are doing/seeing. Like if you reduce the privaledges of a user logged in, at some point when they try to do what they could before, they will be provided the access denied message.

Also, products modified will appear as modified in the cart (still live modifications, but only you are accessing the software side), but I think you were asking because you wanted to reconstruct the admin panel with updated software without affecting the ability of existing admin users from doing what they are doing.
    Last edited by mc12345678; 29 Nov 2013 at 02:53 AM.