Plugin Contributions

Default Want to add an image to the left side of my template, preferable in the grey area.

Hello everyone:

Since my website is all about dogs and cats, I would like to add an image concerning helping animals in shelters. This would have a hyperlink that would take them to another website where they can do just that. I would like this image to appear on each page as the customer browses through the site. This is the address of my site although I'm sure many of you have seen it many times:

http://www.petluxuryboutique.com

Thanks much in advance,

Silver

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Want to add an image to the left side of my template, preferable in the grey area

It's sometimes difficult to separate personal goals from business goals. Not that they should be totally devoid one of the other, but a business is to do, business.

The fact that you support a particular charity is fine but do you want folks to support the charity first and the business second or vice versa. Why not a nice inclusion in the About Us? Or, add it to the Important Links as Our Favorite Pet Charity. Either can give information to the customer without their leaving the site and possibly not returning. Also, most of us pet owners have a charity that we support already. That doesn't mean we might not consider it, but we're here for an effective gate for a Rhodesian Ridgeback that can climb an eight-foot fence. Would the information need to be below the fold or prominent on the site?

As your website is currently setup, take a look at what's "below the fold" (that area that you have to scroll to see). What you are saying with info placement is that everything below the fold is of lesser importance than that above it. Of course, that's where your About Us is currently located.

Most will arrive at your site from a search engine's search result and may not ever see the main page so, placement of information on pages is vital. You have two search blocks and two Manufacturer listings. However, if someone wants to do a review or be notified about an update to the product, the customer has to scroll down to do so. Once we scroll down, we find the Reviews Side Box and the Write A Review button side by side. And, Who's Online is just a waste of code unless you are doing as much business as Amazon.

Don't mean do denigrate what you have, but possibly give you some difference of opinion to stimulate the decision process.