Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Support Thread: Report All Errors (Even Warnings)

v1.1.2 is now available for download: https://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=1792

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by torvista View Post
    ... Notices about undefined or already defined constants in core code should be ignored unless no substitution has been assumed. ...
    I just submitted v2.0.0 to the Plugins for review. That version adds another configuration setting (IgnoreDups) that causes those "already defined constant" notifications to not be logged.

Plugin Contributions

Hi Lat9
    Just a heads up, I installed this mod on 1.5.5a --it killed my admin

sorry I will give more info when I have time , but I have bit to a problem to fix first
    debug log snipet
    "1064:You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 's processing? . . .

Plugin Contributions

Thanks, @AndyJordann, I'll get that corrected on GitHub and resubmit as v2.0.1. I failed to re-merge my development changes into the repository:

Edit to /YOUR_ADMIN/includes/init_includes/init_report_all_errors.php, replacing the two SQL inserts:
    Code:
        $db->Execute ("INSERT INTO " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " ( configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added, use_function, set_function)
    VALUES ( 'Report All Errors (Admin)?', 'REPORT_ALL_ERRORS_ADMIN', 'No', 'Do you want create debug-log files for <b>all</b> PHP errors, even warnings, that occur during your Zen Cart admin\'s processing?  If you want to log all PHP errors <b>except</b> duplicate-language definitions, choose <em>IgnoreDups</em>.', 10, 40, now(), NULL, 'zen_cfg_select_option(array(\'Yes\', \'No\', \'IgnoreDups\'),')");

$db->Execute ("INSERT INTO " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " ( configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added, use_function, set_function)
    VALUES ( 'Report All Errors (Store)?', 'REPORT_ALL_ERRORS_STORE', 'No', 'Do you want create debug-log files for <b>all</b> PHP errors, even warnings, that occur during your Zen Cart store\'s processing?  If you want to log all PHP errors <b>except</b> duplicate-language definitions, choose <em>IgnoreDups</em>.<br /><br /><strong>Note:</strong> Choosing \'Yes\' is not suggested for a <em>live</em> store, since it will reduce performance significantly!', 10, 41, now(), NULL, 'zen_cfg_select_option(array(\'Yes\', \'No\', \'IgnoreDups\'),')");

Plugin Contributions

I just submitted v2.0.1 to the plugins, correcting the error reported by @AndyJordaan: https://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=1792

The update is available now on the plugin's GitHub repository.

Plugin Contributions

v2.0.1 is now available for download from the Zen Cart plugins.

Plugin Contributions

Cripes, I was having a "bad hair day" when I released v2.0.0! I've submitted v2.0.2 to the plugins' area for review, correcting the handling for that IgnoreDups processing (i.e. making it actually work!).

Along the way, I've added another configuration setting since those "PHP Notice" issues are normally isolated to the file identified by the log and there's no need to add all that backtrace information that only serves to quadruple the size of the generated log.

Plugin Contributions

v2.0.2 is now available for download from the Zen Cart Plugins.

Plugin Contributions

Looks like a very handy module and can see where I could use it except for one thing. Your coding appears to suppress Notices for PHP >=5.4 but it does not. Although I agree that Notices should be corrected at some point, in the name of correct and elegant coding, they only need to be shown at certain times.

I compared your code to my quicky:

PHP Code:
    if ($_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'] == "xxx") {

ini_set('display_errors'1);

ini_set('error_reporting'E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE);
      } else {

ini_set('display_errors'0);

and Notices are suppressed. Not familiar enough with PHP to suggest a reason why your module is not suppressing Notices in my testing.

I'm testing with ZC v1.5.5 and your module version 2.0.2.

Also, perhaps I can request in an upcoming version that enabling for showing in Browser, depending on IP address as used in my quicky code, be a new feature?

Plugin Contributions

@Website Rob, the code that is determining whether to suppress notices based on PHP versions is from the base Zen Cart module; if those notices aren't being suppressed, you should note that in a Zen Cart bug-report.

The "only" thing that report-all-errors adds to the mix is the enabling of the report of all errors, if configured.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast