Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Numinix Product Fields Version: 1.3.0

Quote Originally Posted by athena View Post
    Thank you for this mod. I just installed it on Linux server, zencart 1.5.1

Question:

This option:

I imagine that means 'text' and I can not find where to hide it from the customer's view of the product. What I'd hoped for was a place to make notes on the product that would be hidden from the store.
    This mod is mainly used to create barebones fields which a programmer can then use as appropriate. Most of the fields have no catalog-side controls.

To hide the second description, open up the file you edited during the installation, includes/modules/pages/product_info/header_php.php and comment out this line:
    PHP Code:
    $products_description2 $products->fields['products_description2']; 
    Like this:
    PHP Code:
    //$products_description2 = $products->fields['products_description2']; 

Plugin Contributions

Thank you so much!

Plugin Contributions

I actually found the file here: includes/templates/my_template/product_info/extra_main_template_vars/

and this fix did hide the notes from the shoppers successfully. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by numinix View Post
    This mod is mainly used to create barebones fields which a programmer can then use as appropriate. Most of the fields have no catalog-side controls.

To hide the second description, open up the file you edited during the installation, includes/modules/pages/product_info/header_php.php and comment out this line:
    PHP Code:
    $products_description2 $products->fields['products_description2']; 
    Like this:
    PHP Code:
    //$products_description2 = $products->fields['products_description2']; 

Plugin Contributions

I have upgraded ZC to 1.5.1 and also Numinix Product Fields to 1.3.1

On the collect info page, I can see the appropriate fields (like dimensions, diameter, condition etc), but when I add data to these fields, it does not get saved.
    The next time I open the same product again, these fields are blank.
    The preview file or update product file do not give any errors.
    Only the data does not get saved.
    Can someone help identify the problem.
    http://www.raunharman.com
    http://www.raunharman.net
    Website Development, E-Book Solutions & Handicraft Exports

Plugin Contributions

Hi

On the module download page the section for, optional fields:, says

UPC/ISBN - adds fields for storing a product's UPC and/or ISBN

My experience using this module shows me that only one option can be used at a time per product. IE: add isbn or upc but not both. What happens is if both isbn and upc fields are filled then isbn takes precedence and is the one included in the google feed and upc gets left out. Is anyone else able to get both isbn and upc included in their feed?

I should add that I am using version 1.1.0. It is working fine for my needs otherwise. I am asking because if version 1.3.1 is able to include both isbn and upc fields per product in the merchant center feed then I would upgrade.

installed on zen cart 1.5.0
    Last edited by buildingblocks; 18 Mar 2014 at 05:49 AM. Reason: left out info

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by buildingblocks View Post
    Hi

On the module download page the section for, optional fields:, says

UPC/ISBN - adds fields for storing a product's UPC and/or ISBN

My experience using this module shows me that only one option can be used at a time per product. IE: add isbn or upc but not both. What happens is if both isbn and upc fields are filled then isbn takes precedence and is the one included in the google feed and upc gets left out. Is anyone else able to get both isbn and upc included in their feed?

I should add that I am using version 1.1.0. It is working fine for my needs otherwise. I am asking because if version 1.3.1 is able to include both isbn and upc fields per product in the merchant center feed then I would upgrade.

installed on zen cart 1.5.0
    This is supported in version 3.1.3 of the Google Product Search Feeder plugin available on Numinix.com. You can achieve this easily in the GMCF plugin by changing the elseif statements into if statements.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for responding.

Should elseif be changed to if just where there are mentions of isbn, ean, upc or for all areas that contain elseif?

Quote Originally Posted by numinix View Post
    This is supported in version 3.1.3 of the Google Product Search Feeder plugin available on Numinix.com. You can achieve this easily in the GMCF plugin by changing the elseif statements into if statements.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by buildingblocks View Post
    Thanks for responding.

Should elseif be changed to if just where there are mentions of isbn, ean, upc or for all areas that contain elseif?
    Only the section of the code that is determining if the UPC, ISBN, or EAN should be included.

Plugin Contributions

ZC version 1.5.1 - using 2 fields with this mod, the online only and date added. My host has upgraded the php to 5.4.26 Previously I was using 5.2.17. Ever since the change, I recognized that my logs folder was extremely huge, all with the same warning as below:

Code:
    [16-Apr-2014 17:50:10 America/Chicago] PHP Warning:  Creating default object from empty value in /home/*****/public_html/******/**admin folder **/includes/npf_includes/npf_sql_array/date_added.php on line 2
    After testing it out, this warming appears everytime a product is updated. The date added field can be left unmodified while other parts changed and the warning still appears. This does not affect the frontend or backend functionality. But it does make it hard to go through all the logs to find which ones do need attention.

Any insight would help.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by yaritai View Post
    ZC version 1.5.1 - using 2 fields with this mod, the online only and date added. My host has upgraded the php to 5.4.26 Previously I was using 5.2.17. Ever since the change, I recognized that my logs folder was extremely huge, all with the same warning as below:

Code:
    [16-Apr-2014 17:50:10 America/Chicago] PHP Warning:  Creating default object from empty value in /home/*****/public_html/******/**admin folder **/includes/npf_includes/npf_sql_array/date_added.php on line 2
    After testing it out, this warming appears everytime a product is updated. The date added field can be left unmodified while other parts changed and the warning still appears. This does not affect the frontend or backend functionality. But it does make it hard to go through all the logs to find which ones do need attention.

Any insight would help.
    This mod hasn't been tested with 5.4 and probably won't be until it's updated to work with ZC 1.5.2-1.6.0. PHP 5.3 is recommended for ZC 1.5.1: https://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index....-_Requirements

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast