Plugin Contributions

Default Why isn't my specials not showing prices with red text and old with strike through?

I am unable see my specials with old prices with strike through and the new one with red text.

I finally get the red colour over the new special prices by adding to the CSS

Code:
    .productSpecialPrice, .productSalePrice, .productSpecialPriceSale, .productPriceDiscount {
    	color: #ff0000;
    	}
    I can see same CSS has also following line but not doing it. Because when I inspect that element it shows a

Code:
    <span class="normalprice">
    Naturally I do not want ALL my "normalprice" crossed out. Only when they are on special.

Code:
    .productSpecialPriceSale {
    	text-decoration:line-through;
    }
    Can anyone please suggest a solution?
    Downunder QLD

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Why isn't my specials not showing prices with red text and old with strike throu

Quote Originally Posted by oavs View Post
    I am unable see my specials with old prices with strike through and the new one with red text.

I finally get the red colour over the new special prices by adding to the CSS

Code:
    .productSpecialPrice, .productSalePrice, .productSpecialPriceSale, .productPriceDiscount {
        color: #ff0000;
        }
    I can see same CSS has also following line but not doing it. Because when I inspect that element it shows a

Code:
    <span class="normalprice">
    Naturally I do not want ALL my "normalprice" crossed out. Only when they are on special.

Code:
    }
    Can anyone please suggest a solution?
    I am not in a position to identify a solution; however, most of those that can would probably ask for a link to the site so that they can personally see and identify what would work. So, if you could provide a link (can put spaces in place of periods) to both an area that works and an area that is not responding properly, (be sure this includes the area you want to have the change applied) then perhaps those that are more able to help can do so quickly.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Why isn't my specials not showing prices with red text and old with strike throu

Downunder QLD

Plugin Contributions

Okay, so I jumped around to a few different products/areas... Seems that if there are two prices (new "special" and an old "normal", that the class types are different than what is used in other normal locations... You can find this out more by searching your files for the class normalprice. For example the Leggings category uses just normal as the price class.

So, looks like your stylesheet.css file on line 546 starts the definition for the normalprice style. This is where you would more than likely put the line through...

Then in the area with all four categories listed in a row, you can try to add your other special coding. From looking through the pages a little, I don't see where anything other than these two styles. So I think you are in the clear; however, would look at the databse entries we currently

Plugin Contributions

Hi

Thanks for your valuable input.

I already have in the css file line 561 but it has no effect. I am only interested in placeing the strike through where ever the special price is mentioned, This means only two places. Side bar and the 'Specials' page.

Code:
    }
    Downunder QLD

Plugin Contributions

Ok I found it.

/* --------------- PRICES --------------- */

.normalprice, .productSpecialPriceSale {
    text-decoration:line-through; >> this was not there before.

}

Ok now it works I now need the fancy stuff like words to be added.. Was $xxx.000 Now $xxx.00 etc and show % saving etc. Do you have any ideas?
    Downunder QLD

Plugin Contributions

Ok I found it.

/* --------------- PRICES --------------- */

.normalprice, .productSpecialPriceSale {
    text-decoration:line-through; >> this was not there before.

}

Ok now it works I now need the fancy stuff like words to be added.. Was $xxx.000 Now $xxx.00 etc and show % saving etc. Do you have any ideas?
    Well, I would use the developer's tool kit (dtk) under tools of the admin panel to look for the template file that adds like the productspecialpricesale tag, and then once found possibly add a nied variable (or if one was already present go look for the definition to add words like you are wanting. I do not recommend just typing in the words was: and now: but instead change it with consideration of the template system. The text to be added may need to be added deeper in the code, but at least it would give a start.