Plugin Contributions

Default Can't log in to admin; can't reset pswd; new user via phpMyAdmin not working

Hi,

I've been logging into my site regularly since I upgraded to V151 without any problem.

Suddenly yesterday I couldn't log in. It kept telling me I was putting in the wrong password. I waited the 15 mins, and clicked the Forgot Password link, entered my admin email, and clicked request reset. It told me that it had sent an email to the address, but nothing arrived. (It was emailing me on that address to say that there had been unsuccessful attempts to log in)

I read through everything I could find about admin login problems, and tried everything I found - clearing the cache, using a different browser (even a different computer), deleting the old record from the admin table and inserting a new one via phpMyAdmin using the coded 'admin' password (deleting and inserting the record worked, but I still couldn't log in), creating a new user in the admin table with a different name but the same password (same thing - record inserted, but when I try to log in it just tells me I entered the wrong username or password, or sometimes it just refreshes the page with blank fields and no message).

I just don't know what else to try. It's a client's store, and I have a whole spreadsheet of Christmas products that need to be uploaded

The storefront is working fine, which is something I suppose, but these Christmas products really need to be uploaded.

Can anyone please help?

Thanks,
    J.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Can't log in to admin; can't reset pswd; new user via phpMyAdmin not working

Quote Originally Posted by WhitePhantom View Post
    Hi,

I've been logging into my site regularly since I upgraded to V151 without any problem.

Suddenly yesterday I couldn't log in. It kept telling me I was putting in the wrong password. I waited the 15 mins, and clicked the Forgot Password link, entered my admin email, and clicked request reset. It told me that it had sent an email to the address, but nothing arrived. (It was emailing me on that address to say that there had been unsuccessful attempts to log in)

I read through everything I could find about admin login problems, and tried everything I found - clearing the cache, using a different browser (even a different computer), deleting the old record from the admin table and inserting a new one via phpMyAdmin using the coded 'admin' password (deleting and inserting the record worked, but I still couldn't log in), creating a new user in the admin table with a different name but the same password (same thing - record inserted, but when I try to log in it just tells me I entered the wrong username or password, or sometimes it just refreshes the page with blank fields and no message).

I just don't know what else to try. It's a client's store, and I have a whole spreadsheet of Christmas products that need to be uploaded

The storefront is working fine, which is something I suppose, but these Christmas products really need to be uploaded.

Can anyone please help?

Thanks,
    J.
    Maybe setting up a new admin folder location, with reference to the database, renaming the old one (so that if attacked is not found), attempting the process of applying the admin "patch" again, and then upon successful login (even though the admin panel might be slightly set back) assessing what files have been changed? Perhaps there are some other ideas I haven't thought about, I know that I had seen some different suggestions for getting back in than what I had seen in the FAQs.

Worst case, regarding the upload, you may have to do some of the work via the database... Not by any means ideal, but when it comes down to it, the sales must continue.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Can't log in to admin; can't reset pswd; new user via phpMyAdmin not working

Many thanks for your reply.

I'm currently downloading my admin folder (not called admin though, changed the name as soon as I did the upgrade) from the server and running a folder compare against the original 1.5.1 admin folder. Hopefully that will show something (apart from the changes I know I have made).

I'm not sure what you mean though about 'attempting to apply the admin patch' - can you clarify pls?

Plugin Contributions

...and while checking the config file in preparation for uploading a whole new admin folder, I discovered that I had deleted / inserted the admin record from an old db.

Once I deleted and re-inserted the admin record in the correct db, it all worked.

Plugin Contributions

Many thanks for your reply.

I'm currently downloading my admin folder (not called admin though, changed the name as soon as I did the upgrade) from the server and running a folder compare against the original 1.5.1 admin folder. Hopefully that will show something (apart from the changes I know I have made).

I'm not sure what you mean though about 'attempting to apply the admin patch' - can you clarify pls?
    Certainly and sorry I should have used more appropriate terminology. I was referring to applying the SQL query that sets/resets the password for a login id that is then known as described at http://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?...rd-(i-lost-it)

Plugin Contributions

Thanks MC, our posts seem to have crossed - I was deleting and inserting the admin record into the wrong db. Once I did it in the right db it all worked.

i was all day trying to figure this out, d'oh!

Oh well, all's well that ends well, and thanks so much for your help!

Plugin Contributions

Thanks MC, our posts seem to have crossed - I was deleting and inserting the admin record into the wrong db. Once I did it in the right db it all worked.

i was all day trying to figure this out, d'oh!

Oh well, all's well that ends well, and thanks so much for your help!
    Yeah, I hadn't looked at the time stamps, but figured as much.

Not sure of the importance, but may want to delete the newly added admin record on the old database in case it is opened/accessed again that it couldn't become compromised without you going through the process again.