Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: IP Blocker 1.5.1

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    I've submitted v2.1.0 to the plugins area. This version provides a single screen for the admin configuration, provides IP address "consolidation", no longer used two database fields to store your selections (to reduce database space) and includes, if the IP Blocker is enabled, a link next to each IP address in the whos_online script's display, allowing you a single-click add to the blocked IP address list.
    Quote Originally Posted by picandnix View Post
    You are an absolute STAR Lat9
    And I'll review the changes (once available) to modify what I've incorporated into user tracking which offers such a button and some unblocking code also.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

I've submitted v2.1.0 to the plugins area. This version provides a single screen for the admin configuration, provides IP address "consolidation", no longer used two database fields to store your selections (to reduce database space) and includes, if the IP Blocker is enabled, a link next to each IP address in the whos_online script's display, allowing you a single-click add to the blocked IP address list.
    Sorry to be a fuss ar$e, but in keeping with previous updates could you indicate in the read me the changed files please for ease of updating.

Plugin Contributions

Was also thinking, sort of liked the always will not be blocked option of having the second box. That way and it is a plus as well as potential negative, could assign an address not to be blocked and could block everything else around it. Oh well..

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by picandnix View Post
    Sorry to be a fuss ar$e, but in keeping with previous updates could you indicate in the read me the changed files please for ease of updating.
    For v2.1.0, treat it as if every file in the /YOUR_ADMIN directory has changed (it's close!); no changes on the store-side.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Was also thinking, sort of liked the always will not be blocked option of having the second box. That way and it is a plus as well as potential negative, could assign an address not to be blocked and could block everything else around it. Oh well..
    If you're thinking that the Allowed IP List disappeared, you're mistaken. If that's not what you implied, please restate.

Plugin Contributions

If you're thinking that the Allowed IP List disappeared, you're mistaken. If that's not what you implied, please restate.
    That is what I thought to understand based on the statement of revision:
    This version provides a single screen for the admin configuration, provides IP address "consolidation", no longer used two database fields to store your selections (to reduce database space)
    Regardless, and if the option is still there, I will need to review how the assignments are made and what I did to incorporate them. I thought I used functions existent with what was included with this plugin, so that changes would not require reprogramming, but still will need to look at the package to see what changes might be necessary. I had figured out ways to do things like take an ip span of allowed ip's and block just one of the ip addresses in it and keep a span of addresses rather than explode all of the addresses. Of course that depends on the number of addresses in the span and where in the span the address was (first, last, one away from either, somewhere in the middle) and block that one address. I hadn't worked out yet a make a span of addresses based on existing "neighboting" addresses, but figured that might be something to do after a large number had been identified.

I also am trying to figure out what it will take to include in the user tracking list ip addresses that have attempted to use the special signin area, but haven't tried hard enough. So far issue is that user tracking relies on the footer being loaded, and it almost seems that there is no desire to do that in this plugin, because of the nature of it's features, so, need to figure out what code and in what "format" to load it from user tracking so that with ip blocker being loaded when it is and "redirecting" to the special login page, that data can still be captured.

Plugin Contributions

For v2.1.0, treat it as if every file in the /YOUR_ADMIN directory has changed (it's close!); no changes on the store-side.
    Thank you Lat9.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    That is what I thought to understand based on the statement of revision:.
    Previous versions of the plugin stored the expanded IP list used in the store-side processing as well as the "textarea" editable/viewable version used by the admin for each of the block- and allow-lists. This version of the plugin no longer stores the "textarea" editable/viewable format, but simply calculates the display information from the store-side information.

I've asked before ... could we please use this thread as the support thread for the IP Blocker?

Plugin Contributions

I've just updated to 2.1.0 and I've received an error log file

PHP Warning: implode(): Invalid arguments passed in /home/MYACCOUNT/public_html/MYADMIN/ip_blocker.php on line 70

I did an overwrite of the aforementioned file from previous version.

Any thoughts gratefully received.

Plugin Contributions

Arggh. That because the previous version didn't encode an empty string properly (I'm guessing that your previous "Allowed IP Address" list was blank). Patch forthcoming ...

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast