Plugin Contributions

Default Can Customer Registration information be moved to a 2nd and 3rd store?

Hi,

I have been working a drop ship program set up with multiple national distributors. Each distributor has a full inventory, order minimums and freight requirements so I am putting up a cart for each one, separate from the others.

For my customers, that would mean registering for multiple sites, so I need to find out how to move the customer registration information from 1 cart to the other without removing it from the original site. That way, after they register, when I approve their account, I can move the info the other sites to get them cleared to use them all under the same sign in.

I can do this as maintenance, or if there is a plug in that already does this it would be nice (I only found 2 posts pertaining to this, not providing solutions).

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Can Customer Registration information be moved to a 2nd and 3rd store?

There is an Admin Login as Customer mod in Plugins, and possibly other relevant ones, which might help you with creating the additional customer accounts. You would have to build some sort of bridge to send/fetch customer data between cart databases. Also keeping customer accounts up to date and synchronized would be an issue. If the customer changes their address or password in one place, it has to be transmitted to all others very quickly to avoid possible problems.

And of course sending this info, especially passwords, needs to be done securely. That could be a major can of worms.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Can Customer Registration information be moved to a 2nd and 3rd store?

If the sites and databases are all on one server, a lot of the security issues and probably other ones get considerably simpler. There are probably ways to transfer data "internally" on the server, with whatever special settings the host may have to make.

Plugin Contributions

It occurs to me that the best way to go might be to keep one database, possibly using the MultiSite mod for the different storefronts if needed, and clone the various product stock and shipping tables/modules for each warehouse.

Plugin Contributions

The server is the same. What mods would accomplish this? Im not really that advanced to code this stuff myself, I have been doing hobby level websites for a long time and self taught ZenCart about 8 years ago. A lot of the php stuff just sends my head into a spin.

IF this would be too intense, I will have to just stick to multiple site login's. I was hoping that I could just swap out files or transfer the info in the php my admin, but I have no idea which ones to move because it would have to include passwords etc.

Plugin Contributions

This is not going to be possible without serious PHP and MySQL expertise, and probably quite a bit of work even for an experienced coder/developer.