Plugin Contributions

Default We are new to Zen and we have looked at posts and seem to need help!

Our sight is Culinarygods and we need some help getting things to work correct. We have fixed the https issues with the help of this forum and all is moving along fine till now and we are stuck and do not know what to edit.
    We got a free template from here http://www.12leaves.com/puregreen-fr...-template.html because it matched our site and seems simple and nice.
    After upload we can not see Ez-Pages in Chapter/Toc or header. So we made a new page and called it Recipes to make a page that will get customers back to our recipe site. and nothing......If I go to the default theme all is working. I did a reinstall and same.
    A lot of you seem to know a lot about simple issues and I am asking if one of you might be able to point us in the right direction to get this FREE theme working correct for our site.
    Thank You!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: We are new to Zen and we have looked at posts and seem to need help!

We just did a reinstall from ftp and still same?
    We have full server access and can edit or install any file or progam so it is not a install issue at the default zen install adds the new ez-page and it posts to the page... We are sure it is a theme issue!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: We are new to Zen and we have looked at posts and seem to need help!

You mentioned that the EZ pages work properly in the Classic template, which obviously means the problem is with your custom template. I would have to install that template to troubleshoot your issue, and will try to do so tomorrow, but my suggestion would be to use one of the excellent free templates from Picaflor Azul instead, which are all very well supported here in the forums and are available from the Plugins area.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you, her templates are very good just not match our site. the reason we are tryiing to work with this template is that it looks like part of our site with out to much mod of files.....But I am not even close to a programer. I tried to contact the theme provider over the last month and no luck. I guess FREE themes are just not much of a priority to them. If the theme looked good and worked I would pay them for there work, but as it stands it is only kinda working......
    The forum helped us so much in setting up our cart. We fixed our ssl and https with the help in the forums. But, this time we need some pro help.
    I do not think I can do this with out some one who has a working idea of zen cart.....
    Please let me know what you think Stevesh!
    Thanks

Plugin Contributions

I installed this template, and the header EZPage links are there, but the template designer moved them to the very top right corner of the header. They seem to be there on your site as well.

Plugin Contributions

Yes, I do see them now that you point it out. I did not think it was the header. Either use like it is or dump it and go with another theme.....?
    I do not want to change something I am not supposed to by the author. It is a FREE theme and I understand people work hard to make themes. I will look for another template that works correct and we can change is needed. I will also reinstall our cart to make sure it is not messed up with all the things we did to try and make it work.
    Thank you so much Stevesh, we appreciate the time you took to install the test theme and give us the break down. People helping people is how it should be. :)
    Keep us in the back of your mind if ever we can do anything for you, let us know! We owe you - some of our time now ;)
    Todd & Onuma CulinaryGods

Plugin Contributions

I wouldn't hesitate to modify the template to suit your needs. That's sort of the idea of open-source software. The template authors probably made those changes in tpl_header.php. You might compare that file with the same file in template_default to see what they did.

One thing: if you move the header EZ page links to their original position and keep the other nav items as well as the navCatTab category links, that part of the header will be really busy.

Plugin Contributions

Stevesh, we dumped that theme and will be using picaflor Abbington mega templates. There seems to be a lot of support on the theme and I can learn to do stuff on my own and ask help from the forum when needed to learn more. I am sure with the help of Zen super brains I can learn to help myself and make a great site. It will give me some time from recipes and work. You know how we chefs are.......LOL