Plugin Contributions

Default Applied fix-CHANGE-352 for Attribute Controller fail but didn't fix

I copied the new files in fix-CHANGE-352.zip to my admin folder but am still getting "WARNING: An Error occurred, please refresh the page and try again." when trying to access the attributes controller in admin.

The log file says: "PHP Fatal error: 1064:You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'int)PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_VALUES_TEXT_ID, 1, 'TEXT')'…"

Is there something else I need to do?

Thanks,

Lindee

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Applied fix-CHANGE-352 for Attribute Controller fail but didn't fix

Quote Originally Posted by LindeeG View Post
    I copied the new files in fix-CHANGE-352.zip to my admin folder but am still getting "WARNING: An Error occurred, please refresh the page and try again." when trying to access the attributes controller in admin.

The log file says: "PHP Fatal error: 1064:You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'int)PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_VALUES_TEXT_ID, 1, 'TEXT')'…"

Is there something else I need to do?

Thanks,

Lindee
    First thing that comes to mind (right or wrong) is to check if PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_VALUES_TEXT_ID is defined in your database or in the files (thinking database). That variable is supposed to be a defined variable somewhere.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

LindeeG, I like syntax errors, usually the debugging log tells you exactly what's wrong, with a line number... someone made a typo!

I did a search on a working ZenCart v1.51 clean install NO upgrades and found this list of the 'PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_VALUES_TEXT_ID' variable:
    Name:  attributes_controller_listing.jpg
Views: 329
Size:  57.7 KB

Note that it's present in 3 separate files in a working admin.
    Twitch.
    https://www.twitchtoo.com Do you work for free? Please donate.
    Twitch Base7 with Wholesale PRO - 88 preinstalled plugins zero errors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by twitchtoo View Post
    LindeeG, I like syntax errors, usually the debugging log tells you exactly what's wrong, with a line number... someone made a typo!

I did a search on a working ZenCart v1.51 clean install NO upgrades and found this list of the 'PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_VALUES_TEXT_ID' variable:
    Name:  attributes_controller_listing.jpg
Views: 329
Size:  57.7 KB

Note that it's present in 3 separate files in a working admin.
    Maybe I'm not seeing the tree through the forrest, but to what typo are you referring?

The only thing I see in that image that is questionable, is the first occurrence in options_name_manager because it looks like there is a comma (,) after the first pair of single quotes. Maybe there is something else.

But, the next thing part of that search is what is the value of PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_VALUES_TEXT_ID?

When I used the developers tool kit in the admin panel to search the entire all of the files (php), I came up with a definition in the database. PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_VALUES_TEXT_ID was set to zero (0) as part of group id 6. If it was not defined before applying the above patch and there was a problem, and now the problem continues, then more than likely the value of PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_VALUES_TEXT_ID has been "lost".

So go to the developers tool kit, fill out information in the last row to search for PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_VALUES_TEXT_ID in the admin files of file type .php, then search. In the top left corner you should get a clickable link regarding searching the database (text. Above the link would look something like Search database configuration tables for: . Click that and provide results. If the clickable link is not present, report that as well.

Plugin Contributions

PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_VALUES_TEXT_ID is a hidden database field. Use your admin's Tools->Developers Tool Kit and set that value in the "Key or Name" field for the Look-up CONSTANT or Language File defines selection.

To the OP, since the message you are receiving is the same message that the 3 updated files are meant to correct, are you sure that you have uploaded (and overwritten) the files in your admin?

Plugin Contributions

The contractor "fixed" it. Not sure exactly what all he did but one thing is that he reinstated my old 1.3.9 admin folder. Not sure I like that but it is currently working. Of course, he didn't tell me that's what he did…

How does one find a good contractor for things beyond one's skills? I've tried 2 different ones who were "highly recommended" and the work is plain sloppy!

Lindee

Plugin Contributions

Lindee... you've got my contact info... :)
    Twitch.
    https://www.twitchtoo.com Do you work for free? Please donate.
    Twitch Base7 with Wholesale PRO - 88 preinstalled plugins zero errors.

Plugin Contributions

The contractor "fixed" it. Not sure exactly what all he did but one thing is that he reinstated my old 1.3.9 admin folder. Not sure I like that but it is currently working. Of course, he didn't tell me that's what he did…

How does one find a good contractor for things beyond one's skills? I've tried 2 different ones who were "highly recommended" and the work is plain sloppy!

Lindee
    Was going to say, though not registered with it, there is supposedly a "find contractors" area in the forums area. It's too bad that you've had what is now two bad experiences. Have you spoken with either or both about the resulting "sloppiness"?

Plugin Contributions

The second one was chosen through the "find contractors" thing. I've had to request quite a few fixes after he worked on it and some were just stupid. I expected more from someone who had "10 years of experience." At least he spoke English. He seemed to know what he's talking about. I'm not feeling very confident about him now. And I definitely don't feel confident messing with the db myself. I know FileMaker but not mysql.

I went rounds with the first group who worked on it as well and then just gave up. They kept wanting more money to fix what the agreed upon job was. I finally decided that to work with them, I'd have to basically know how to do it myself to see if they did it right - and then what's the point? I just don't want to take 2 weeks doing something a knowledgeable person could do in 2 hours.

I don't work that way myself and I guess I expect other people to do what they say and not leave a mess or an incomplete project.

Plugin Contributions

The second one was chosen through the "find contractors" thing. I've had to request quite a few fixes after he worked on it and some were just stupid. I expected more from someone who had "10 years of experience." At least he spoke English. He seemed to know what he's talking about. I'm not feeling very confident about him now. And I definitely don't feel confident messing with the db myself. I know FileMaker but not mysql.

I went rounds with the first group who worked on it as well and then just gave up. They kept wanting more money to fix what the agreed upon job was. I finally decided that to work with them, I'd have to basically know how to do it myself to see if they did it right - and then what's the point? I just don't want to take 2 weeks doing something a knowledgeable person could do in 2 hours.

I don't work that way myself and I guess I expect other people to do what they say and not leave a mess or an incomplete project.
    While I'd be glad to talk to you more about the problems experienced, I'm surprised that neither offered some form of "can't get the job done" coverage. Not sure the extent of your current repair, but is it correct to assume that although it took more than installing the patch, that your originally described issue is addressed? (Don't really want this or any other thread to go too far off topic for too long. :) ) although that said, it may seem that this discussion is par on with why the problem existed to begin with.

I guess my concern at the moment is what is the status of your system, are you on a 1.5.1 database with a 1.3.9 program? (Admin panel, version link in top right corner, should provide both database and program version(s) assuming anyone/everyone that has worked on your store has merged/updated files properly/per direction that is even included in at least one of the files.)