Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Twitch Hidden Searchable Model Number

Hey Twitch, thanks for the plug in. I know this will do the trick for me, but alas I cannot get it to work. I have gone over you install every file etc. to confirm the code, aside from some code not being at the exact line number all is good, I re-installed again, uploaded the sql patches, still nothing shows.
    I am using the following
    Ver using: v1.5.4
    Template westminster_new
    Opps could it be the ver of ZC I am running?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by gearheadniko View Post
    Hey Twitch, thanks for the plug in. I know this will do the trick for me, but alas I cannot get it to work. I have gone over you install every file etc. to confirm the code, aside from some code not being at the exact line number all is good, I re-installed again, uploaded the sql patches, still nothing shows.
    I am using the following
    Ver using: v1.5.4
    Template westminster_new
    Opps could it be the ver of ZC I am running?
    I'm just finishing up the updates for 1.54 now... I'll let you know if I find anything soon!
    Twitch.
    https://www.twitchtoo.com Do you work for free? Please donate.
    Twitch Base8 - Obsidian - This, is what's new.

Plugin Contributions

I have reinstalled, now when I select Catalog - Categories/Products, I am now able to see the menu with your add in but am getting an error message above it that reads "WARNING: An Error occurred, please refresh the page and try again." and the category is not visible. Nothing changes on a refreash.

Plugin Contributions

What does your log file say for admin when you get that error?
    Twitch.

Plugin Contributions

Twitch Hidden Searchable Model Number for ZC v1.54

Check the forum plugins or my website for your copy.

- This module will add a products_model_spoon input for each product.
    - It will be displayed and searchable in admin, searchable on the live site but not displayed there.

Other Uses:

Second Model Number, Internal Part Number, UPC Barcode Number, Searchable Size, Stock SKU Number, Manufacturer Model Number.

What's New:
    - Files included are now based on a stock 'vanilla' Zen Cart v1.54 install
    - Instructions have been organized, line numbers updated for ZC v1.54

Optional Bonus Feature
    - Add Hidden Model to Admin->Edit Order - Admin can see hidden model number while viewing orders
    - Add Hidden Model to Admin Product Search

Yes it is compatible with ZC v1.53 - line numbers will be out by 2 - 5 digits.
    Twitch.

Plugin Contributions

red flag Re: Twitch Hidden Searchable Model Number

Hi Twitch,

Thanks for your plugin, it is exactly what I need.
    Unfortunately, I have the same problem with gearheadniko, that I can't see any products displayed in Categories/Product.

A error occurred: "WARNING: An Error occurred, please refresh the page and try again."
    (Before & After)

I take a look at my log file, it said:
    Code:
    [19-Mar-2015 17:02:26 Asia/Hong_Kong] PHP Fatal error:  1054:Unknown column 'p.products_model_spoon' in 'field list' :: select p.products_type, p.products_id, pd.products_name, p.products_quantity,                                        p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_date_added,                                        p.products_last_modified, p.products_date_available,                                        p.products_status, p.products_model, p.products_model_spoon,                                         p.products_quantity_order_min, p.products_quantity_order_units, p.products_priced_by_attribute,                                        p.product_is_free, p.product_is_call, p.products_quantity_mixed, p.product_is_always_free_shipping,                                        p.products_quantity_order_max, p.products_sort_order                                 from products p, products_description pd, products_to_categories p2c                                 where p.products_id = pd.products_id                                 and pd.language_id = '1'                                 and p.products_id = p2c.products_id                                 and p2c.categories_id = '23' order by p.products_sort_order, pd.products_name limit 0, 10 in /home/brightenbookscom/public_html/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php on line 120
    Therefore, I went for the php file it mentioned:
    /public_html/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php

Here is line 120, but I don't know how to fix the code.
    PHP Code:
    trigger_error($this->error_number ':' $this->error_text ' :: ' $this->zf_sqlE_USER_ERROR); 
    Could you please help me to due with this problem?

Thanks,
    Eva

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    P.S. Since you may want to know more information, here is line 110~137 in query_factory.php:
    PHP Code:
      function show_error() {
        if (
    $this->error_number == && $this->error_text == DB_ERROR_NOT_CONNECTED && !headers_sent() && file_exists('nddbc.html') ) include('nddbc.html');
        echo 
    '<div class="systemError">';
        if (
    defined('STRICT_ERROR_REPORTING') && STRICT_ERROR_REPORTING == true
        {
          echo 
    $this->error_number ' ' $this->error_text;
          echo 
    '<br />in:<br />[' . (strstr($this->zf_sql'db_cache') ? 'db_cache table' $this->zf_sql) . ']<br />';
        } else {
          echo 
    'WARNING: An Error occurred, please refresh the page and try again.';    
        }

trigger_error($this->error_number ':' $this->error_text ' :: ' $this->zf_sqlE_USER_ERROR);
        if (
    defined('IS_ADMIN_FLAG') && IS_ADMIN_FLAG==true) echo 'If you were entering information, press the BACK button in your browser and re-check the information you had entered to be sure you left no blank fields.<br />';
        echo 
    '</div>';
      }

function 
    Execute($zf_sql$zf_limit false$zf_cache false$zf_cachetime=0) {

// bof: collect database queries

if (defined('STORE_DB_TRANSACTIONS') && STORE_DB_TRANSACTIONS=='true') {
          global 
    $PHP_SELF$box_id$current_page_base;
          if (
    strtoupper(substr($zf_sql,0,6))=='SELECT' /*&& strstr($zf_sql,'products_id')*/) {

$f=@fopen(DIR_FS_SQL_CACHE.'/query_selects_' $current_page_base '_' time() . '.txt','a');
            if (
    $f) {

fwrite($f,  "\n\n" 'I AM HERE ' $current_page_base /*zen_get_all_get_params() .*/ "\n" 'sidebox: ' $box_id "\n\n" "Explain \n" $zf_sql.";\n\n");

fclose($f);
            }
            unset(
    $f);
          }
        } 
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Plugin Contributions

1054:Unknown column 'p.products_model_spoon'

This error is related to the php code running an SQL search for products_model_spoon in the products table.

Typically it means you have missed the SQL patch in Admin -> Tools -> Install SQL patches:

ALTER TABLE `products` ADD `products_model_spoon` VARCHAR(32) CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci NULL AFTER `products_model` ;

ALTER TABLE `orders_products` ADD `products_model_spoon` VARCHAR(32) CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci NULL AFTER `products_model` ;

The results of those two SQL scripts will add the products_model_spoon field to the products and orders products table in your database... where the SQL search is looking for the field data.

I'm glad this will work for you... once we get it working :)

Let me know if this works for you.
    Twitch.

Plugin Contributions

Sorry, I forgot to ask about the SQL thing.

It was sure that your plugin package doesn't included any sql file. But You mentioned this in the "twitch_hs_model_number_16a_for_154.txt", which was the only part I don't understand.
    SQL Update - Add the products_model_spoon field to the products table:
    ALTER TABLE `products` ADD `products_model_spoon` VARCHAR(32) CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci NULL AFTER `products_model` ;
    Is it related to the error anyway?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Green Books View Post
    Sorry, I forgot to ask about the SQL thing.

It was sure that your plugin package doesn't included any sql file. But You mentioned this in the "twitch_hs_model_number_16a_for_154.txt", which was the only part I don't understand.

Is it related to the error anyway?
    As with all of my other coding instructions, the .sql scripts are included in the install instructions. These install instructions are labelled with their relative version numbers or module names to ensure proper identification of the instruction set. Keeping the .sql within the installation instructions ensures you can see what you are doing if you run an SQL script and the process passes or fails.

They are also a start-to-finish installation guide that provides the exact installation point of the SQL/php code needed for each step of the install process. Great for anyone merging a modified Zen Cart or troubleshooting 'what went wrong' with the ability to step forward and backward through the code in the correct logical order... line by line if needed.
    Twitch.

Plugin Contributions

Sorry but I really don't understand this. I'm not that familiar in coding.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    SQL Update - Add the products_model_spoon field to the products table:
    ALTER TABLE `products` ADD `products_model_spoon` VARCHAR(32) CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci NULL
    AFTER `products_model` ;
    ------------------------------------------------------------------

1. What do you mean by "products table"? Where can I find it?
    2. Which file should I add "`products_model_spoon` VARCHAR(32) CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci NULL" in? OR should I simply paste it in the SQL Query Executor and press send?

I'd tried to search "ALTER TABLE" in the Developers Tool Kit, and can only find one file:
    /home/brightenbookscom/public_html/administrator/includes/languages/english/sqlpatch.php

Million Thanks!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast