Plugin Contributions

Default Shipping address changed in PayPal, but no return to store?

Running vanilla v1.5.1 Zen Cart with PayPal Express Checkout (sandbox) enabled and USPS shipping (production) enabled, with demo products installed.

In my Zen Cart (which is based in FL) I have a test customer whose address is also in FL. That customer has a sandbox PayPal account with an address in CA. This customer adds a product (demo product &cPath=28&products_id=61) to their cart. This product, using USPS Express, is approximately $100 shipping to FL and $200 shipping to CA). Customer logs in, proceeds through checkout, choosing USPS Express as the shipping method and PayPal as the payment method (using the FL addresses for both billing and shipping).

Test customer logs into their PayPal account and chooses the CA address as the shipping address. Transaction completes, returning to the checkout_success page, with the shipping address in CA but the shipping charge based on the address in FL.

PayPal Express Checkout settings in admin are all the defaults except for the choice of sandbox vs. production server.

Is there any setting within the PayPal payment module to force the return to the shop to recalculate the shipping charge?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Shipping address changed in PayPal, but no return to store?

OK, so I went to my Zen Cart admin and changed the setting for
    Code:
    Express Checkout: Require Confirmed Address
    Do you want to require that your (not-logged-in) customers use a *confirmed* address when choosing their shipping address in PayPal?
    (this is ignored for logged-in customers)
    from Yes to No and re-ran the "test case". This time, the PayPal shipping address was not changed to CA (remaining in FL) and the transaction successfully completed with a billing address in CA and a shipping address in FL.

What does the this is ignored for logged-in customers actually mean? My "reading" of the caveat was that this setting applies only to those customers that use the "Express Checkout" button without logging in and that customers who have actually logged into your store and taken the time to create alternate addresses would have those alternate addresses accepted for an order's shipping address.

Plugin Contributions

Assuming that the "Require Confirmed Address" should only apply to not-logged-in customers, this behavior can be achieved by changing the code fragment in /includes/modules/payment/paypalwpp.php (starting at line 1539 for Zen Cart v1.5.2) from
    Code:
          // Do we require a "confirmed" shipping address ?
          if (MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPALWPP_CONFIRMED_ADDRESS == 'Yes') {
            $options['REQCONFIRMSHIPPING'] = 1;
          }
    to
    Code:
          // Do we require a "confirmed" shipping address for not-logged-in customers?
          if (MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPALWPP_CONFIRMED_ADDRESS == 'Yes' && !(isset($_SESSION['customer_id']) && ((int)$_SESSION['customer_id']) > 0) ) {
            $options['REQCONFIRMSHIPPING'] = 1;
          }

Plugin Contributions

Bumping this ...

I've got a customer who's got the Express Checkout Shortcut Button disabled and Require Confirmed Address set to Yes. He had a client last week who paid with PayPal and had to call the store to change his ship-to address because the PayPal Express Checkout processing magically changed his ship-to address to an address that he'd shipped to recently using PayPal.

I guess the base question is: Should the "Require Confirmed Address" setting apply (as indicated in the setting's help text in the configuration menu) only to PPEC Shortcut-Button orders (i.e. the customer is not logged in)?

Plugin Contributions

Maybe stepping out of bounds, but I thought regardless of the confirmed shipping address option or not that if a shipping address is selected in paypal that the address could/would override the store selected shipping address? The could part depending on if the selected paypal address was different than the store provided address, not that it automagically changed it...
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Sorry, pays to read the detail of all the testing and results... Took too long to do that *after* posting for me to remove the above...
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

The big problem here is that customers specifically tell Zen Cart the shipping address, and thus then expect that address to be used. They then go to PayPal, where many seem to ignore the shipping address setting even if it's different. Then when they are transferred back from PayPal with a different address, Zen Cart changes the shipping address to what PayPal gives it. Most customers don't notice the change to what is often the wrong shipping address, and even if they do, they can't change it.

I believe the functionality should be that if Zen Cart has a shipping address and then PayPal changes it, Zen Cart should highlight that PayPal has changed the shipping address and get the user to confirm the change, or let them revert to a known Zen Cart shipping address.
    Zen Cart 1.5.5e, PHP 5.3.29 MySQL 5.5.42

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lloyd_borrett View Post
    The big problem here is that customers specifically tell Zen Cart the shipping address, and thus then expect that address to be used. They then go to PayPal, where many seem to ignore the shipping address setting even if it's different. Then when they are transferred back from PayPal with a different address, Zen Cart changes the shipping address to what PayPal gives it. Most customers don't notice the change to what is often the wrong shipping address, and even if they do, they can't change it.

I believe the functionality should be that if Zen Cart has a shipping address and then PayPal changes it, Zen Cart should highlight that PayPal has changed the shipping address and get the user to confirm the change, or let them revert to a known Zen Cart shipping address.
    The above explains it perfectly, this is a huge issue that needs to be sorted,

The issie is that paypal will only cover the seller if they ship the order to the address the buyer chose whilst in paypal when making the payment, now if the buyer doesn't put the correct address in paypal and ZC pulls the incorrect address that the buyer had in paypal when making payment and then the buyer contact the seller to change the delivery address the seller is no longer covered by paypal as they are sending the order to different address that the once chosen in paypal.

Somehow when ZC contacts paypal for payment it needs to able to push the address the buyer has chosen in ZC to the paypal payment page.