Plugin Contributions

Default 'manufacturer' list

Hi everyone,
    I'm wondering, is there a way to set the manufacturer's list to show all manufacturers, even if there is no product being sold made by some manufacturers?
    For example, imagine you're selling printers, and you have a list of manufacturers like Canon, HP, etc.
    I noticed, if in my store I don't have a particular product made of a certain brand, the brand doesn't show in the manufacturer's list. I want my manufacturer's sidebox to show ALL list of manufacturers, regardless if there is or not a product available in that category.
    How can I do that please?
    Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: 'manufacturer' list

Go to the Configuration ... Maximum Values ... and set this to OFF:
    Manufacturers List - Verify Product Exist
    Verify that at least 1 product exists and is active for the manufacturer name to show

Note: When this feature is ON it can produce slower results on sites with a large number of products and/or manufacturers
    0= off 1= on
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Hi Ajeh,
    Thank you so much for this! Can't believe I didn't figure it out myself!! lolll!!!
    Being a newbie I guess. I'm learning something new everyday!
    Cheers!

Plugin Contributions

I got another question.
    I want to add description or banners to every manufacturer category. I want for example a big banner or image presenting the manufacturer, which should show up just above the list of products made by the manufacturer. How do I do this? is it possible?
    For example, imagine again the printer brands, Canon, HP, etc. and if I want to show a banner/photo of Canon or write description about Canon just under "Canon" manufacturer, above where customers can see any printers made by Canon.
    Any help or advice is very much appreciated!

Plugin Contributions

I found something entitled "Manufacturers Description & Metadata Merge", but I don't know if it works with my zencart version.
    http://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=1253

I think Zencart should have thought about integrating the manufacturer's description, same as they did with the product description. For me it's a logical/important feature to have, but it's not included.

And if only those manufacturer's images were working... I would have used that to upload a big photo/banner for every manufacturer, but it doesn't even show up when you click and visit a manufacturer..

Am I doing something wrong?

If I could have the manufacturer's images (that you can upload through "manufacturer's in the admin) show up just under the manufacturer's title on my site, that would sort my problem.

Any advice?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    Go to the Configuration ... Maximum Values ... and set this to OFF:
    How can I customize the manufacturer's image to appear when I click on the name of the manufacturer in the drop down list? It just doesn't show up..
    And I actually want to know if there is a way to make the images appear under the manufacturer's title (above products listed under the manufacturer); I want to use some kind of big banners describing every manufacturer.
    How can I do this?
    Any help very much appreciated.