Plugin Contributions

Default Unable to add space and remove certain text from a products page.

I am running ZenCart 1.5.1 on a linux server.

I am unable to add space between product images in the list (see image). I am as sure as I can be that I need to add some breaks (I tried adding echo '<BR /><BR />'; in a few places but couldn't find out where to put it) in the file product_listing.php, but unfortunately I can spell PHP but not much more...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	test1.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	50.5 KB 
ID:	13612

Also, I would like to remove some text (see image) but I can't for the life of me find the file the code is in. I would appreciate help.

Name:	test2.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	58.5 KB 
ID:	13613

Mal

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Unable to add space and remove certain text from a products page.

You could add a line break to:
    includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/common/tpl_tabular_display.php

around line 41
    ?>
    </tr>
    <br/>
    <?php
    }
    ?>

Or reduce the size of your images on the product listing page.

To shut the model numbers, shipping weight and stock off:
    Admin-> Catalog-> Product Types->Select the product type you're using-> Switch the various flags off.
    Twitch.
    https://www.twitchtoo.com Do you work for free? Please donate.
    Twitch Base7 with Wholesale PRO - 88 preinstalled plugins zero errors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by twitchtoo View Post
    You could add a line break to:
    includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/common/tpl_tabular_display.php

around line 41
    ?>
    </tr>
    <br/>
    <?php
    }
    ?>

Or reduce the size of your images on the product listing page.

To shut the model numbers, shipping weight and stock off:
    Admin-> Catalog-> Product Types->Select the product type you're using-> Switch the various flags off.

Thank you VERY much for pointing out the Product Types section! I thoght I had at looked through all the options when I first fired up ZenCart. Obviously not! I had seen posts abuot doing it in the product creation section when adjusting what is shown for meta attributes, but that did not work (as you already know) :) Your solution to this part worked great!

However, the stop to add the line breaks did not work (see attached pic). I got the same results with your code as I did with mine, it always puts in before the header bar at the top of the listings... I may have to reduce the size of the pics (although my wife won't like it and since it's her site and she is the "customer", she gets what she wants if it's possible.

Name:	test3.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	45.1 KB 
ID:	13615

Thanks for the reply and the answer! I very much appreciate the response and help!

Mal

Plugin Contributions

To separate the products in the products' listing, you can add the following statement to the bottom of your stylesheet.css file
    Code:
    .productListing-data { padding: 10px 0; border-bottom: 1px solid black; }
    P.S. You've got a misspelling for the Enchanted Walk Goat's Milk Soap product's name.

... and you should really use a template other than classic; it will save you grief when you upgrade!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    To separate the products in the products' listing, you can add the following statement to the bottom of your stylesheet.css file
    Code:
    P.S. You've got a misspelling for the Enchanted Walk Goat's Milk Soap product's name.

... and you should really use a template other than classic; it will save you grief when you upgrade!
    Your fix worked perfectly!!! Thank you so much!

Also, thanks for the catch on the misspelling! I really hate seeing misspellings and bad grammar on 'professional' sites. I appreciate you taking the time not only to help, but to look around and catch something like that!

Mal

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    Code:

Can still use classic, but copy and name it something else (making changes where needed to account for the change), but yeah, classic pretty much should remain untouched. It will also help with troubleshooting should anything go wrong with a plugin in the future.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Can still use classic, but copy and name it something else (making changes where needed to account for the change), but yeah, classic pretty much should remain untouched. It will also help with troubleshooting should anything go wrong with a plugin in the future.
    Excellent suggestion! And something I should do now or it's gonna be more work later.

I'll holler/whine if I break something :)

Mal

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Malaperth View Post
    Excellent suggestion! And something I should do now or it's gonna be more work later.

I'll holler/whine if I break something :)

Mal
    You're welcome. I forgot to mention, mostly because I forgot that might be working with someone not highly familiar with some of the workings of ZC, but there is one file that holds information about the template so that when it is listed in the admin panel the operator know which it is. The information also supports ZC knowing which directory(ies) are specific to that template (override system). You'll want to change information in that file to accomplish that, and then I would recommend renaming all of the current classic directories to that new template name and then restore the classic template files/folders from a fresh install version of ZC. Ii can't say I have fully thought this through, but seems like a way to go so that you don't lose anything you have done and will still have a clean copy of a template. Possibly, instead of renaming the folders, just copying them first to the new name, then make the changes described to the new version, then in admin change to the new template (shouldn't see any changes on the active site), then restore the original files. This way site remains fully active and no downtime, and files get restored.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...