Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: PayPal Express Checkout Using NVP 84.0 [Support Thread]

I just installed version paypalwwp_v84-1.1.2 and when testing the shopping cart, I don't have the express checkout button, I get the alternate text instead. Not sure what the problem is.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by 0ldgeezer View Post
    I just installed version paypalwwp_v84-1.1.2 and when testing the shopping cart, I don't have the express checkout button, I get the alternate text instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by 0ldgeezer View Post
    Not sure what the problem is.
    Me, neither. A link to your site would help; you can PM it to me if you don't want it publicly displayed.

I also suggest that, unless you're planning on doing some code development to use newer PayPal APIs, you use the built-in PayPal Express Checkout payment module.

Plugin Contributions

The documentation with this module indicates that the "...display of an order's PayPal history now includes the entire history as part of the Customers->Orders->Edit Order display..." So a subsequent refund will show up as a second history listing.

But that is not happening in our implementation. The PP Express works perfectly except it only shows the initial charge in the "Order Edits History." Subsequent refunds do not appear.

We have made one modification to the module: in the modules/payment/paypal/paypalwpp.v84_admin_notification.php file, we changed all five instances of "customer_notification = 0" to -1 so that the paypal comments do not print on pack lists and invoices. Putting these back to 0 (no email) and then testing with a paypal purchase/ refund creates no improvement to the issue noted above.

We've winmerged all the other files and found them to be completely vanilla.

Any ideas? TIA

Plugin Contributions

No idea, at the moment. I'll give this a look in the morning.

Some additional information that will help:
    - Zen Cart version
    - Additional plugins that might have altered /YOUR_ADMIN/orders.php
    - Any debug-logs generated?

UPDATE: Did you see the screenshot that's present in this thread's first posting? The PayPal status history displays in the upper greyed-out section of the orders page, not as part of the orders status history.
    Last edited by lat9; 4 Nov 2015 at 10:21 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    - Zen Cart version
    - Additional plugins that might have altered /YOUR_ADMIN/orders.php
    - Any debug-logs generated?

UPDATE: Did you see the screenshot that's present in this thread's first posting? The PayPal status history displays in the upper greyed-out section of the orders page, not as part of the orders status history.
    Thanks Lat9:

- Ver 1.5.3.
    - Other mods: I should have thought to check this - I'm sure we have at least 1, e.g. UPS Tracking... I'll look into this. Thank you for mentioning.
    - Debug Logs - hadn't seen any specific to this, but i haven't looked very recently. Another great idea that I'll follow up upon.

Again, thank you. You mentioned looking closer in the a.m., but feel free to let me pursue these suggestions before you invest more of your time.

Much obliged,

Matt

Plugin Contributions

Lat9:

No debug logs.
    Also, while we do have some other mods affecting admin/orders.php, I uploaded the vanilla file as a quick check and have the same issue.

Upon further digging, I found two more pieces of info:
    1. If I go back far enough (pre 7/13/15), the orders page looks right - it does display multiple paypal transactions for an order. So admin/orders.php seems to be okay.
    2. So I looked at the table paypal_payment_status_history. The table has no records since 7/13/15. I have no idea what may have happened that day to stop that table from updating, but according to my search in Developer Tools, only two files use that table: /ipn_main_handler.php and /admin/paypal.php.

My ipn_main_handler is identical to the mod version (winmerge). /admin/paypal.php is vanilla from ZC 1.5.3. Nonetheless, I re-uploaded both files and tested. Still no updates to paypay_payment_status_history.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

It sounds like you need to "get to the bottom of" why the paypal_payment_status_history table has stopped updating. When the ipn_main_handler updates that table, it also updates the paypal table and adds a record to the associated order's status history.

Do these orders that "don't display fully" include the orders-status-history update associated with the PayPal transaction?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    It sounds like you need to "get to the bottom of" why the paypal_payment_status_history table has stopped updating. When the ipn_main_handler updates that table, it also updates the paypal table and adds a record to the associated order's status history.

Do these orders that "don't display fully" include the orders-status-history update associated with the PayPal transaction?
    I agree. And yes - the paypal table is properly updated each time.

Plugin Contributions

How about the orders-status-history record? Is that created?

Plugin Contributions

Yes. All of the order detail on the admin/orders-edit page is complete and accurate.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast