Plugin Contributions

Default Zen Cart v151 not sending the correct total amount over to Paypal

Good day sir\madam,
    PHP version = PHP Version: 5.3.24
    MySQL version = Database: MySQL 5.0.96-log
    I have searched the Zen Cart logs for a similar issue in this forum, but have sadly come up empty handed. I am using Zen Cart v1.51 installed on Godaddy's hosting server.
    Zen Cart was installed from a fresh new install approximately 1.5 months ago. The issue is in regard to the Paypal's Express Checkout module. All works fine, accept for one minor aspect. When an item is purchased from a customer on my site, the total (including GST as I live in Alberta, Canada) comes to $42. ($2 GST charge calculated correctly) All is fine (on my site) until the customer is forwarded over to the Paypal site to complete the transaction. The total amount payable then goes up to $46.38. There is no shipping charge associated with the transaction, and there does not appear to be any applicable additional tax being added from the configurable items that I see in the Zen Cart configuration metrics. After chatting with Paypal in regard to this issue, the statement was made that the Zen Cart API settings (somewhere) is sending over the total amount to Paypal somewhere in the applications configuration metrics. Any and all assistance provided in this issue would be greatly appreciated.
    My site url = https://www.buyessential.com

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Zen Cart v151 not sending the correct total amount over to Paypal

That black background is nearly impossible to see text on mate... I'm testing your cart now.
    Twitch.
    https://www.twitchtoo.com Do you work for free? Please donate.
    Twitch Base8 - Obsidian - This, is what's new.

Plugin Contributions

Ok it's adding some variety of tax or taxes to the total by the time it gets to PayPal. Check to see that ALL of your zones and tax rates are setup correctly and that ALL of your products have taxable goods selected if applicable.

Double check that your PayPal account is not applying taxes to the cart totals based on zones... in case the PayPal rep missed something ;)
    Twitch.
    https://www.twitchtoo.com Do you work for free? Please donate.
    Twitch Base8 - Obsidian - This, is what's new.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by twitchtoo View Post
    That black background is nearly impossible to see text on mate... I'm testing your cart now.
    Also, you should be using something other than classic as a template.
    One of the first things overwritten on an upgrade is the classic template. Check out http://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?...ding-overrides

Plugin Contributions

Thanks my friend, I will check all zone and applicable settings again. Appreciate the constructive criticism, as perhaps the black background is not the best choice for a background color.
    Cheers

Plugin Contributions

Thank you, under Localization - Currencies the default value was set to 1.12... instead of just set to 1.
    Thanks for your help.