Plugin Contributions

Default MIGS Australia Bug

Hi all,

I have searched and found all the posts in relation to this topic but they are very old, dating back a few years.

I have recently changed from Paypal as my mechant services to Bendigo Bank using the MIGS gateway plugin. For the most this works very well however I am having the same problem that others have mentioned here.

When someone goes through the checkout and puts their card details in correctly, the order completes correctly and I get notification of the order and funds transfer correctly via the gateway to Bendigo Bank.

If however someone puts in incorrect or non valid credit card details, when they retry to enter them again and the card is processed, payment is received fine via MIGS but all order details are dumped. As a result the customer does not receive a confirmation of their order and we receive no details of what they ordered. This becomes a little embarising to explain when we get their money but no order is present. It also means we have to keep a daily check on MIGS to ensure we don't miss an order, then chase it up with the customer.

I am guessing there are many of you out there that experience the same problem and wondering if anyone ever came up with a fix for it as I can't find anything on the forums or via Google searches.

Thanks for your help.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: MIGS Australia Bug

Wayno, I toyed with the idea of installing this payment module some time ago (I am also with BenBank) but shied away due to the bug reports. I believe it can be fixed (and adapted for zc 1.5.1) given some time and due comparison with other payment mods.

Considering a transaction processes perfectly with correct CC details entered, I guess it would be a matter to investigate the rest of the mod: what is the code involved when the wrong CC creates a reject? Why are order details being dumped?

Surely someone more experienced could throw a light on this.

My time is extremely limited otherwise I would have a crack at this

Cheers / Frank (from up the road)

Plugin Contributions

Hi Frank,

Thanks for your response. If you are using Bendigo Bank also, can I ask what you use as a plugin between the cart and your bank?

It's a shame about this error as the MIGS plugin works really well despite this error. It would be great if someone could have a look at it but I don't possess the necessary smarts to do so.

Cheers Wayne (Down the road!)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by wayno View Post
    Hi Frank,

Thanks for your response. If you are using Bendigo Bank also, can I ask what you use as a plugin between the cart and your bank?

It's a shame about this error as the MIGS plugin works really well despite this error. It would be great if someone could have a look at it but I don't possess the necessary smarts to do so.

Cheers Wayne (Down the road!)
    Thanks Wayne, I'm not using MIGS as yet - still on PP because of the bugs in MIGS.

Did you install MIGS on a zc 1.5.1 version? Would be interested to hear....

Cheers / Frank

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by frank18 View Post
    Thanks Wayne, I'm not using MIGS as yet - still on PP because of the bugs in MIGS.

Did you install MIGS on a zc 1.5.1 version? Would be interested to hear....

Cheers / Frank
    Hi Frank,

I am still running on 1.5.0, mainly because I am too scared to upgrade as I have everything running nicely on it at the moment.

The MIGS module works fine other than that bug but generally speaking I haven't had a problem with it. Out of all the sales I have had so far, Only two customers have had issues due to inputting incorrect CC data. I have been able to chase them up and I always check MIGS especially where I see someone has registered with the site and there was no purchase.

I prefer it to PP even with this one annoying bug due to PP's fees and Bendigo Bank's customer service is excellent when/if I have a problem. I dumped PP as an option after I waited weeks for a reply to a problem I had once and also problems with some credit cards not being honored from time to time for no apparent reason. Also BB you get your money overnight. I can PM you my web address if you want to have a play and see how it works.

Cheers
    Wayne

Plugin Contributions

Hi Frank,

I am still running on 1.5.0, mainly because I am too scared to upgrade as I have everything running nicely on it at the moment.
    Wayne, this upgrade from 1.5.0 to 1.5.1 is easy as, no DB upgrade involved. Adds more security and eliminates a few bugs. Don't hesitate to do it. And 1.5.2 is just around the corner, the devs only are waiting for certification.

The MIGS module works fine other than that bug but generally speaking I haven't had a problem with it. Out of all the sales I have had so far, Only two customers have had issues due to inputting incorrect CC data. I have been able to chase them up and I always check MIGS especially where I see someone has registered with the site and there was no purchase.

I prefer it to PP even with this one annoying bug due to PP's fees and Bendigo Bank's customer service is excellent when/if I have a problem. I dumped PP as an option after I waited weeks for a reply to a problem I had once and also problems with some credit cards not being honored from time to time for no apparent reason. Also BB you get your money overnight. I can PM you my web address if you want to have a play and see how it works.

Cheers
    Wayne
    Yep, great service form BB, been with them now for about 12 years and was glad to see offices here in Qld after we moved back from Melbourne.

I would be interested to take MIGS for a test run, just email me your www address via the contact form on one of the links in my signature.

What is the fee structure like with BB / MIGS and how does it compare to PP fees? What is the minimum turnover required to make it worthwhile?

Cheers / Frank

Plugin Contributions

Frank, did you get my email via your website last week?

Plugin Contributions

Frank, did you get my email via your website last week?
    Yes, I did, reply in your inbox

Plugin Contributions

Hi all,

Just thought I would bump this thread. I still have this issue and fortunately have only had a couple of customers have issues, it would be nice to get it fixed. It seems the customers session is timed out or dumped each time they put in incorrect details or there is some rejection from the MIGS servers and they have to re-enter their details.

Plugin Contributions

Just in case someone stumbles here. DrByte seems to have fixed this. See thread
    http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...highlight=migs
    I have followed Dr Bytes advice and tested it.
    I am using a TEST merchant account.
    I entered invalid cc details on the Commweb Server Managed Payments and was returned to my test cart with an error.
    I then repeated checkout with then valid cc details on the Commweb Server Managed Payments and successfully completed the transaction and was returned to my test cart with a successful order.
    So, it works for me.
    Version 1.5.0, CBA, VPC, Server Managed Payments, Test Host Simulator.
    BTW had a problem with site hanging and going to a blank page when going from checkout_payment to checkout_confirmation. Fixed by selecting "none" in the "payment zone" of cc_via_migs settings. May be a problem in cc_via_migs.php where it checks zone.