Plugin Contributions

Default Different shipping carrier for different products.

I have searched for an answer but i get lost and have been unable to make this work, so I want to first know if it is even possible, and if so how would I go about it.

I currently use USPS shipping for 99.9% my products. Most are shipped with first class and priority mail. I have one product that weighs 15 lbs and I ship it with FedEx ground because it is cheaper. This product qualified for free shipping in the past so it never really mattered to me how it was set up in the cart. Now that free shipping has to be over a certain amount, this product no longer qualifies and I need to add the FedEx module for this product only. Is that even possible, and if so how do i go about it?

How do I have the system show the FedEx module and not the USPS module for this one product only?

Thanks in advance
    Vee

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Different shipping carrier for different products.

There is an excellent mod available from Ceon called Advanced Shipper. It is not a free download and I don't know of it compatibility with 1.5. Search Google for advanced shipper ceon to check it out.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the info. I went to the site and found the mod that has a demo for a person to test before buying. But when I tried to check it out, it just gives the error message "145 Table './zen13x/sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired."

Anyone else have a solution tho my problem?
    Vee

Plugin Contributions

I think you need have to edit the Fedex module for this.

Chu

Quote Originally Posted by veedub3 View Post
    I have searched for an answer but i get lost and have been unable to make this work, so I want to first know if it is even possible, and if so how would I go about it.

I currently use USPS shipping for 99.9% my products. Most are shipped with first class and priority mail. I have one product that weighs 15 lbs and I ship it with FedEx ground because it is cheaper. This product qualified for free shipping in the past so it never really mattered to me how it was set up in the cart. Now that free shipping has to be over a certain amount, this product no longer qualifies and I need to add the FedEx module for this product only. Is that even possible, and if so how do i go about it?

How do I have the system show the FedEx module and not the USPS module for this one product only?

Thanks in advance
    Vee
    Our Site: http://zucando.com
    Marketing Plugins: Marketing Modules
    Free Response Templates: Responsive Templates

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by veedub3 View Post

Thanks in advance
    Vee
    What shipping module should be used if a customer places the 15-lb product and a couple of other products in their cart?

Plugin Contributions

I got it set up and taken care of, thank you all for your input.

Vee