Plugin Contributions

Default Where can I find the old HTML editor

Good day all.

I have no coding experience, so using the text editor and ckeditor makes things very difficult for me. Where can I ether find an editor that I can download and then have it give my design as code that I can copy and paste in the text editor in admin or where can I download the old HTML editor or one like the one used for the writing of posts?

Please help as Im stuck.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Where can I find the old HTML editor

What is it about CKEditor that isn't working for you ? It's the best of the available HTML editors for Zencart. The old HTMLArea was removed because it was buggy and unreliable.

Plugin Contributions

When I select ckeditor from the list, it just refreshes the editor and does not actually load ck... it returns to text. I have now got Xinha to work after starting to use firefox.

Plugin Contributions

Ok Xina also still doesnt work. It doesnt save my changes. I can tipe stuff in with normal text editor and save that works, but once ive selected Xinha and then type and save, the changes does not actually save. The result in a blank page.

Im so frustrated by now

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lepitite View Post
    When I select ckeditor from the list, it just refreshes the editor and does not actually load ck... it returns to text. I have now got Xinha to work after starting to use firefox.
    I'm having the same problem. I select ckeditor from the list, it just refreshes the editor and does not actually load Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? Or what I need to do. I did all the things suggested in the read-me file----
    1. (Recommended) You can also set your default editor choice via Admin->Configuration->My Store->HTML Editor (note: this may not take effect until you log in the next time)

Plugin Contributions

FYI I'm using v1.5.1 and uploaded the right files only. I also have tried using differant browsers. The same thing, I select ckeditor from the list, it just refreshes the editor and does not actually load

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by willweC View Post
    FYI I'm using v1.5.1 and uploaded the right files only. I also have tried using differant browsers. The same thing, I select ckeditor from the list, it just refreshes the editor and does not actually load

I found my problem. I up loaded the files with Filezilla this time. Dreamwever the first time. In short good copys of the files were not on the server.