Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Twitch Restrict Categories by Customer or Group

Twitch Restrict 16a for ZC v1.54 is now available.

Check the forum plugins or my website for your copy.

NEW - Inherited Product Restriction
    NEW - Now filters restricted products on - new products, all products, featured products, specials, and upcoming products in the sideboxes and index pages.
    NEW - Works with category tabs, category sidebox and search/advanced search.
    NEW - Works with 'Categories Always Show on Main Page - 1 | True'

Optional
    - Works with Twitch Master ID = 1 + Sales ID = 2
    - Supports Encrypted Master Password - Login from Admin as Customer with Sales 2 ID

All instructions have been organized, line numbers updated for ZC v154, and it now includes Inherited Product Restriction.

Yes it is directly compatible with ZC v1.53 - line numbers will be out by 2 - 5 digits.

There is now a demo store operating on my website for anyone that would like to see this module in action!
    Twitch.
    https://www.twitchtoo.com Do you work for free? Please donate.
    Twitch Base7 with Wholesale PRO - 88 preinstalled plugins zero errors.

Plugin Contributions

First kudos for such a great install / update log for your plugins! Freaking awesome work.

So I installed the Twitch Restrict Module. A lot of the files I just copied over to my server.
    Other files have been modified by other plugins previously installes or by me when modifying things.

For the files that had been previously changed, I did not move your supplied files to my server.
    Instead I referred to your file twitch_restrict_cat_by_cust_or_group_16a_for_154.txt (here after called install.txt)
    and added the code outlined in the install.txt.

I found a few issues along the way. Maybe you can tell me what I am doing wrong or maybe you have a little tweaking to do to the install files? Below most (not all) of the issues relate to missing code in your supplied files. For the files that do have the all the code added it is easy to look at your supplied files and know exactly how to add the code to my server files. But a few of the supplied files seem to be missing some code?

Issue 1
    The Install.txt has instructions starting on line 1404
    Instructing the additions of some lines to file
    admin/includes/modules/category_product_listing.php
    When looking at the files supplied with the Restrict Module, the lines you suggest adding are not in the file you supplied. Needless to say they are also not in my file.

I am not a coder so I am hesitant to just pick a spot to add the suggested code changes.
    On each file I look at the file you supplied and note how to add the suggested code to my file on the server.
    With the code missing in your supplied files I have no example to follow.
    Am I missing something?

Issue 2A
    The Install.txt has instructions starting on line 130
    Instructing the additions of 3 lines of code to file
    admin/includes/languages/english/customers.php
    Again the lines of code are not present in your supplied file.

Issue 2B
    The Install.txt has instructions starting on line 1397
    Instructing the additions of 3 more lines of code to file

For issues 2A and 2B (same file)
    I took a best guess and added all the lines of code next to eachother after line 40 in my file.
    Here is a copy paste of the code I added with an existing line of code above it and an existing line of code below it so you can see where I put it. Is this in the correct location or will I have issues?
    While I am hesitant to make a guess at where things go, this seemed to be a small file and assume it easy to find what I did.

define('ENTRY_NONE', 'None');

define('TABLE_HEADING_CAT_GROUP','CatGroup ID');
    define('CUSTOMERS_CAT_GROUP', 'CatGroup ID: ');
    define('CUSTOMERS_CAT_GROUP_NOTES', '    Customers Category Group ID = 0 (Default) => Everyone | Master ID = 1 | Sales = 2 (Twitch Restrict Categories by Customer or Group).');
    define('CUSTOMERS_CAT_GROUP_ORIGINAL', 'Original CatGroup ID: ');
    define('CUSTOMERS_CAT_GROUP_ORIGINAL_NOTES', '    Original Customers Category Group ID (for reference only)');

define('TABLE_HEADING_COMPANY','Company');

Issue 3
    The Install.txt has instructions starting on line 1367
    admin/customers.php

I am hesitant to just make a guess and go for it.

Issue 4
    The Install.txt has instructions starting on line 265
    When I add this line it moves my headings over but not the data under the headings, so the data is not under the correct headings anymore.
    This is in relation to my admin area where I view the products in a category.
    I must have missed something else that is supposed to go with this so things still line up?

Any help you can give to get me back on track would be appreciated. Then I can start trying to figure out how to use it.

Luke

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Galyan View Post
    First kudos for such a great install / update log for your plugins! Freaking awesome work.

I found a few issues along the way. Maybe you can tell me what I am doing wrong or maybe you have a little tweaking to do to the install files? Below most (not all) of the issues relate to missing code in your supplied files. For the files that do have the all the code added it is easy to look at your supplied files and know exactly how to add the code to my server files. But a few of the supplied files seem to be missing some code?
    You are correct, this version includes 'optional' code for anyone that absolutely needs the functionality of these specific extras. Streamlining the complete module was necessary as most people will never use these extras.

Issue 1
    The Install.txt has instructions starting on line 1404
    When looking at the files supplied with the Restrict Module, the lines you suggest adding are not in the file you supplied. Needless to say they are also not in my file.
    At line 1330 you will find:
    ***** Optional - Add support for Twitch Master/Sales ID *****
    This is a feature that allows you to force master and sales ID switches in the first numerical slots of the catgroup id. It also includes the catgroup original input field for tracking or managing ID's.

I am not a coder so I am hesitant to just pick a spot to add the suggested code changes.
    On each file I look at the file you supplied and note how to add the suggested code to my file on the server.
    With the code missing in your supplied files I have no example to follow.
    Am I missing something?
    Please, continue to be hesitant :) it's much better to stop and ask questions, get answers then proceed!

Issue 2A
    The Install.txt has instructions starting on line 130
    Instructing the additions of 3 lines of code to file
    I just downloaded the .zip from zc plugins - this code is in the admin customers.php.

Issue 2B
    The Install.txt has instructions starting on line 1397
    Instructing the additions of 3 more lines of code to file
    You are correct about this one, this code is not included in the file as it applies only to the 'optional' code for:

For issues 2A and 2B (same file)
    I took a best guess and added all the lines of code next to each other after line 40 in my file.
    Here is a copy paste of the code I added with an existing line of code above it and an existing line of code below it so you can see where I put it. Is this in the correct location or will I have issues?
    While I am hesitant to make a guess at where things go, this seemed to be a small file and assume it easy to find what I did.

define('ENTRY_NONE', 'None');

define('TABLE_HEADING_CAT_GROUP','CatGroup ID');
    define('CUSTOMERS_CAT_GROUP', 'CatGroup ID: ');
    define('CUSTOMERS_CAT_GROUP_NOTES', '    Customers Category Group ID = 0 (Default) => Everyone | Master ID = 1 | Sales = 2 (Twitch Restrict Categories by Customer or Group).');
    define('CUSTOMERS_CAT_GROUP_ORIGINAL', 'Original CatGroup ID: ');
    define('CUSTOMERS_CAT_GROUP_ORIGINAL_NOTES', '    Original Customers Category Group ID (for reference only)');

define('TABLE_HEADING_COMPANY','Company');
    In language files like this one you can put the defines anywhere as long as they are cut and paste correctly with all of their syntax in tact ;)

Issue 3
    The Install.txt has instructions starting on line 1367
    admin/customers.php

I am hesitant to just make a guess and go for it.
    You are correct about this one, this code is not included in the file as it applies only to the 'optional' code for:

Issue 4
    The Install.txt has instructions starting on line 265
    When I add this line it moves my headings over but not the data under the headings, so the data is not under the correct headings anymore.
    This is in relation to my admin area where I view the products in a category.
    I must have missed something else that is supposed to go with this so things still line up?
    Here you are adding in a heading which creates an empty 'space' in the structure of the table. You need to add that space back to the correct line below the heading to draw the table structure properly.

If you have other modules installed that have changed this file often times they forget to add the space. Alternately adding too much space will push the rows over and look wrong also.

If you can take a screenshot of this happening I can point you in the right direction for a fix.

Any help you can give to get me back on track would be appreciated. Then I can start trying to figure out how to use it.

Luke
    Help provided :)
    Twitch.

Plugin Contributions

Ok so now that I get the optional thing....... Thank you for clarifying. :)

I went back and made sure none of the optional stuff made its way into my files. I also uninstalled the one SQL update that was related to the optional stuff (installed all SQL updates originally and didn't notice the optional note).

I will have time to play with this later and I "think I am ok now? Time will tell.

The only issue I still have left is the moving of my information relative to the headers in my category view pages.
    I took Screenshots of with and without your code.
    This is in reference to file admin/includes/modules/category_product_listing.php

Without line 72 added.jpg
    Shows a screenshot of a category with only one product and shows how the information lines up under the correct headings. This is without adding your code to line 72.

With line 72 added.jpg
    Shows a screenshot of a category with only one product and shows how the information does not lines up under the correct headings. This is without adding your code to line 72.

For now I have left the code out since it all lines up correctly. But I would like to know if this needs to be changed for some reason?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Plugin Contributions

Ok so now that I get the optional thing....... Thank you for clarifying. :)

I went back and made sure none of the optional stuff made its way into my files. I also uninstalled the one SQL update that was related to the optional stuff (installed all SQL updates originally and didn't notice the optional note).

I will have time to play with this later and I "think I am ok now? Time will tell.

The only issue I still have left is the moving of my information relative to the headers in my category view pages.
    I took Screenshots of with and without your code.
    This is in reference to file admin/includes/modules/category_product_listing.php

Without line 72 added.jpg
    Shows a screenshot of a category with only one product and shows how the information lines up under the correct headings. This is without adding your code to line 72.

With line 72 added.jpg
    Shows a screenshot of a category with only one product and shows how the information does not lines up under the correct headings. This is without adding your code to line 72.

For now I have left the code out since it all lines up correctly. But I would like to know if this needs to be changed for some reason?
    It's fine without the line with the space   in it :)

Be sure to check the behaviour when viewing sub categories and products.
    Twitch.

Plugin Contributions

Hi

I have version 16a installed on zen cart 1.5.3. It's mostly working. The two major issues are the category menus on the storefront.

The category sidebox is using better categories. I managed to get the category restrict code merged and it seems to be working ok, barring any unforeseen problems.

I am struggling trying to integrate the twitch category restrict code into the top category navigation which is using the module, Category Tab Simple Dropdown Menu

https://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=1003

It relies on two files which are a stylesheet and the file tpl_modules_categories_tabs.php

Have you tried your code on this module yet? Can it work on this module?

Everything I have tried (I'm not a coder) has resulted in errors blocking the full loading of the menu and rest of the site or the menu and site loads but has ill affect on the category that is meant to be hidden. I'll keep trying but so far no joy.

Plugin Contributions

and another thought is we need it to work for a mobile menu. Is that something that can be done?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by buildingblocks View Post
    and another thought is we need it to work for a mobile menu. Is that something that can be done?
    Yes. The filters need to be custom coded or added into the correct locations in the existing menu code.
    Twitch.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by buildingblocks View Post
    Hi

I have version 16a installed on zen cart 1.5.3. It's mostly working. The two major issues are the category menus on the storefront.

The category sidebox is using better categories. I managed to get the category restrict code merged and it seems to be working ok, barring any unforeseen problems.

I am struggling trying to integrate the twitch category restrict code into the top category navigation which is using the module, Category Tab Simple Dropdown Menu

https://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=1003

It relies on two files which are a stylesheet and the file tpl_modules_categories_tabs.php

Have you tried your code on this module yet? Can it work on this module?

Everything I have tried (I'm not a coder) has resulted in errors blocking the full loading of the menu and rest of the site or the menu and site loads but has ill affect on the category that is meant to be hidden. I'll keep trying but so far no joy.
    It will work as far as I can tell, needs to be placed correctly in the php file.
    Twitch.

Plugin Contributions

Hi

I'm using zencart 1.51 and Twitch Restrict 14.c - Feb 14.2014.

I can hide a category, but customers not logged in can still see sub categories and products, this page https://www.jarbon.com/dev/index.php...roducts_id=202 is within a category that should be restricted.

is this because i am using Twitch Restrict 14.c - Feb 14.2014? if so, can i upgrade but still use zencart 1.5.1?

thanks

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast