Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Twitch Restrict Categories by Customer or Group

Quote Originally Posted by mattys View Post
    Hi

I'm using zencart 1.51 and Twitch Restrict 14.c - Feb 14.2014.

I can hide a category, but customers not logged in can still see sub categories and products, this page https://www.jarbon.com/dev/index.php...roducts_id=202 is within a category that should be restricted.

is this because i am using Twitch Restrict 14.c - Feb 14.2014? if so, can i upgrade but still use zencart 1.5.1?

thanks
    Yes you can upgrade, however you will need to merge the code not the files. The newest version carries the files for 1.54, the code remains relatively untouched. So line numbers will be off a bit in some of the files.

Prior to that it would be a good idea to check if the current version is installed correctly/new files were all uploaded. I'm finding a lot of the errors we are all experiencing with these carts relate to FTP transfer failures that are not reported by our hosts/FTP software.
    Twitch.
    https://www.twitchtoo.com Do you work for free? Please donate.
    Twitch Base8 - Obsidian - This, is what's new.

Plugin Contributions

cheers twitch

i have now upgraded to zencart 1.5.3 on a test site and have merged/uploaded files for TwitchRestrict_16a_for_154

This page https://www.jarbon.com/dev/index.php...roducts_id=202 is within a category, 'Sock Specials' (view the breadcrumb for more detail), that i have restricted to a test customer. There should be a link at the bottom of the main menu which is for the category i have restricted 'Sock Specials' but there isnt as you have to be logged in as the test customer to access. This is good.

However, I thought that upgrading would mean that products within the restricted category would also be restricted, it does mention this on the downloads page 'Inherited Product Restriction'.

Is there anything i am missing or does this sound like a file/database issue?

Plugin Contributions

Further to my last post, i had a thought, the product here https://www.jarbon.com/dev/index.php...roducts_id=202 is in the 'Sock Specials' category, but is also within a sub category 'the exmoor sock', so am thinking maybe i have to restrict 'the exmoor sock' category for https://www.jarbon.com/dev/index.php...roducts_id=202 to be restricted also. i was going to test this and edited the customer who can access the restricted area so it is 'the exmoor sock' category that is restricted (i use the category id as the CatGroup ID), but whe i clicked submit i was taken to a blank customers.php page. I checked logs and here's what it says:

Code:
    [19-May-2015 14:36:36 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined function zen_record_admin_activity() in /var/www/vhosts/jarbon.com/httpdocs/dev/vN56y_7qWgf/customers.php on line 299
    The customers.php file has only had customisations for 'twitch restricted categories' so i just uploaded the hole file, in didnt need to merge, so that should be fine.

any ideas?

Matt

Plugin Contributions

UPDATE - Regarding my last post(s), it is now restricting products so that's great. i had the product within a sub category also, and it was this sub category that i needed to restrict for the restriction to apply to the product also.

However, I am still getting blank customers.php page when editing and submitting (although the edits do save)

any ideas?

Matt

Plugin Contributions

UPDATE - Regarding my last post(s), it is now restricting products so that's great. i had the product within a sub category also, and it was this sub category that i needed to restrict for the restriction to apply to the product also.

However, I am still getting blank customers.php page when editing and submitting (although the edits do save)

any ideas?

Matt
    Okay to recap...your previous problems with products in sub cats is fixed?

But now your customers.php page is grumpy?

And you're using what version of ZC?

With what version of Twitch Restrict?

And you are certain you have followed the install instructions and each of the files is actually placed on the remote server?

Answer those ^ then I'll have answers, not ideas ;)
    Twitch.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by twitchtoo View Post
    Okay to recap...your previous problems with products in sub cats is fixed?

But now your customers.php page is grumpy?

And you're using what version of ZC?

With what version of Twitch Restrict?

And you are certain you have followed the install instructions and each of the files is actually placed on the remote server?

Answer those ^ then I'll have answers, not ideas ;)
    Yes, i can confirm that the contribution is working, it's just that when updating customer info, admin/customers.php is blank paging. The error is:

Code:
    [19-May-2015 14:36:36 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined function zen_record_admin_activity() in /var/www/vhosts/jarbon.com/httpdocs/dev/vN56y_7qWgf/customers.php on line 299
    I am using zen cart 1.5.3 and TwitchRestrict_16a_for_154

Yes, have uploaded files and ran database sql, it is essentially working, it's just an issue with admin/customers.php

Matt

Plugin Contributions

Yes, i can confirm that the contribution is working, it's just that when updating customer info, admin/customers.php is blank paging. The error is:

Code:
    I am using zen cart 1.5.3 and TwitchRestrict_16a_for_154

Yes, have uploaded files and ran database sql, it is essentially working, it's just an issue with admin/customers.php

Matt
    Thanks Matt. That error points are the code at line 299 - zen_record_admin_activity('Customer record updated for customer ID ' . (int)$customers_id, 'notice');

It's saying undefined likely because it wasn't part of ZC 1.53... and it has been added for admin activity tracking in ZC 1.54.

So, My advice would be to revert this file back to the 1.53 version then lookup the 'admin/customers.php' code changes in the install instructions for Twitch Restrict then manually install the TR code into the 1.53 file.

This will prevent version mismatch... and I built the code - it only needs to be placed in the correct locations in each of the previous versions. How it works hasn't changed :)

Another of the reasons why even I have to make these instructions to ensure 6 months from now I can see where it goes when there's a new ZC release ;)
    Twitch.

Plugin Contributions

ok, i just commented out line 299 and left the rest of the TR code there, all seems to be working fine, no blank page, restriction is working

hopefully it'll all be good

thanks for help Twitch

Plugin Contributions

This may be the exact module I have been looking for. I am using 1.5.4. I need to set-up tier level pricing based on purchased membership. I will have 3 levels. Guest

(display retail pricing to the public), Wholesale (available to view and purchase to "gold" members only) and Platinum members available to view and purchase. I will have

attributes since this is for a furniture business (pieces in a bedroom set, etc.). My thinking is to have the same exact products in 3 different categories (determined by

membership package), the only difference would be the price of products based on membership paid. Can you tell me if this module would be a good fit based on my need?

Thank you.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by creyesx6 View Post
    This may be the exact module I have been looking for. I am using 1.5.4. I need to set-up tier level pricing based on purchased membership. I will have 3 levels. Guest

(display retail pricing to the public), Wholesale (available to view and purchase to "gold" members only) and Platinum members available to view and purchase. I will have

attributes since this is for a furniture business (pieces in a bedroom set, etc.). My thinking is to have the same exact products in 3 different categories (determined by

membership package), the only difference would be the price of products based on membership paid. Can you tell me if this module would be a good fit based on my need?

Thank you.
    This module or Twitch Wholesale will accomplish what you are trying to do. The trick is how you want to manage products, categories, and tier groups. See your email for more details.
    Twitch.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast