Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1

    Default Backorder Question.

    Hi, i have backordering enabled but it only lets the customer know that the item is currently out of stock in the shopping cart but if they click directly to checkout and skip the cart then they are not told that the item is on backorder.

    is there a way to display the out of stock and placed on backorder message in the checkout as well as in the cart?

    Thanks in advance

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,211
    Plugin Contributions
    12

    Default Re: Backorder Question.

    Admin-> Configuration-> Stock-> Allow Checkout - set to false to stop them from checking out low stock.
    Twitch.
    http://www.twitchtoo.com - Do you work for free? Please donate.
    Twitch Wholesale + Attributes for 1.55e, TAP Thumb for 155e and more...

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    11,622
    Plugin Contributions
    13

    Default Re: Backorder Question.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodtech UK View Post
    Hi, i have backordering enabled but it only lets the customer know that the item is currently out of stock in the shopping cart but if they click directly to checkout and skip the cart then they are not told that the item is on backorder.

    is there a way to display the out of stock and placed on backorder message in the checkout as well as in the cart?

    Thanks in advance
    I don't. Know of an existing setting that would display as described. But I'm thinking that if you set "Show Sold Out Image in place of Add to Cart" to false (this would allow adding an item to the cart if Allow Checkout is set to true, and then if you set Mark product out of stock to something like On Back Order, then customer will be notified when looking at product that it is on back order and that they can add it. Otherwise, if you are saying that even with the sold out image, they are able to add the item to the cart, though at that point they aren't being told that it is on back order, then the second setting described above (default: ***) may help. The next thing would be to identify the filename/location of the out of stock button image and replace the necessary image/image code to show a back order like message/button.

    As I understand, you still want to allow the customer to place the order, but you want them to know that there will be a delay because of it being out of stock currently.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...
    Upgraded to Zen Cart V1.5.3 from V1.5.1 from V1.5.0 from V1.3.9h

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    19
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default Re: Backorder Question.

    I have done this backordered display before and it will display 'BACKORDERED' in red for the customer to see if you follow the previous steps laid out by the previous poster. However, I have a question I hope someone may be able to answer. I cannot find out how to be informed that the item is backordered on my invoices by emails. I log on to orders and it does not show ME if it is backordered. This is frustrating me as it shows the customer but not ME so I have no way of knowing which products are backordered for me to order. Does anyone know a fix or a button? I feel I have tried everything. I am using 1.3.9x and have EZ checkout installed by NUMINIX.

    Thank you.

    Tom

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,211
    Plugin Contributions
    12

    Default Re: Backorder Question.

    Quote Originally Posted by tmacarle View Post
    I have done this backordered display before and it will display 'BACKORDERED' in red for the customer to see if you follow the previous steps laid out by the previous poster. However, I have a question I hope someone may be able to answer. I cannot find out how to be informed that the item is backordered on my invoices by emails. I log on to orders and it does not show ME if it is backordered. This is frustrating me as it shows the customer but not ME so I have no way of knowing which products are backordered for me to order. Does anyone know a fix or a button? I feel I have tried everything. I am using 1.3.9x and have EZ checkout installed by NUMINIX.

    Thank you.

    Tom
    Yes, the code that posts the backordered display for your customer needs to be added to the order on the way out of the checkout (as it already sounds like it's there) Which means it's saved in the database and available for you to load in the admin and publish wherever you want :)
    Twitch.
    http://www.twitchtoo.com - Do you work for free? Please donate.
    Twitch Wholesale + Attributes for 1.55e, TAP Thumb for 155e and more...

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    19
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default Re: Backorder Question.

    Quote Originally Posted by twitchtoo View Post
    Yes, the code that posts the backordered display for your customer needs to be added to the order on the way out of the checkout (as it already sounds like it's there) Which means it's saved in the database and available for you to load in the admin and publish wherever you want :)
    Sounds easy enough but do you have any idea on how to go about that? I have some coding skill, just need somewhat of a guide to follow.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Gijón, Asturias, Spain
    Posts
    1,724
    Plugin Contributions
    25

    Default Re: Backorder Question.

    Products Options Stock Manager for Zen Cart has this functionality. I use it.
    Steve
    github.com/torvista: Apsona (php7), BackupMySQL Admin/Auto, CEON URI Mapping (php7), Image Checker, Redsys payment module, Spanish Language Pack, Structured Data

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Lovettsville,VA
    Posts
    58
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default Re: Backorder Question.

    Quote Originally Posted by torvista View Post
    Products Options Stock Manager for Zen Cart has this functionality. I use it.
    Hello,
    I have read this thread and still confused on how to set up zen-cart for back order.
    1) I would like to have zen-cart display "back ordered" verses "Sold Out" when the inventory drops to zero.
    2) Allow the customer to make the purchase even if the product inventory at zero.

    If you are so kind to respond , please be specific with the instructions. I find that zen-carts configuration parameters are in lots of different places that don't always make sense to me.

    Regards,
    Ron

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Gijón, Asturias, Spain
    Posts
    1,724
    Plugin Contributions
    25

    Default Re: Backorder Question.

    1) I would like to have zen-cart display "back ordered" verses "Sold Out" when the inventory drops to zero.
    2) Allow the customer to make the purchase even if the product inventory at zero.
    Zen Cart does not do what you want out of the box. It's not a configuration issue. I also needed the things you want, and more.
    While ZC can be made to do anything don't waste your time reinventing the wheel, just buy the product I suggested and you'll have that functionality within the hour along with stock control of attributes that works properly and proper support. What's that worth?
    And no, I don't get a cut.
    Steve
    github.com/torvista: Apsona (php7), BackupMySQL Admin/Auto, CEON URI Mapping (php7), Image Checker, Redsys payment module, Spanish Language Pack, Structured Data

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Backorder??
    By kenny724 in forum General Questions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 20 Feb 2010, 07:38 PM
  2. Free Backorder
    By fgcity in forum General Questions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 30 Sep 2009, 02:04 PM
  3. Backorder question
    By cuddles in forum Templates, Stylesheets, Page Layout
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 20 Apr 2008, 04:10 AM
  4. Backorder / Multiple Payment Question
    By bobonov in forum Built-in Shipping and Payment Modules
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 23 Feb 2008, 07:05 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
disjunctive-egg
Zen-Cart, Internet Selling Services, Klamath Falls, OR