Quote Originally Posted by DivaVocals View Post
Well there appears to be a light at the end of my preverbial tunnel..

GOLD STAR to lhungil for providing me with a REASON why I'm not getting error logs.. two words.. data corruption..

With this info, I was able to narrow down the problem to the configuration table.

Working on a final resolution.. Replaced the configuration, configuration_group, and admin_page tables on the current dev site with the like tables from the re-created dev site, and the dev site came back up under PHP 5.4.. This has me hopeful in resolving what has been a frustrating experience..

I will be doing more testing, and once I am satisfied that this is the right solution/direction, then I am going to push the configuration, configuration_group, and admin_page tables from the dev site database to the live site database.

and before anyone asks.. I haven't a CLUE what specific data in the configuration tables on the dev site is THE offending data.. and YES I dumped the data and used Beyond Compare to compare the data dumps.. the problem is that past the Zen Cart default values, unless I installed add-ons which add configuration table values in the SAME order, the configuration data won't line up without manipulation of the data.. Since time is not a luxury I have (host says that support for PHP 5.2 will end this weekend) I had to let got of finding out the EXACT offending data and work towards getting things WORKING.. I think I am finally moving in that direction..

Thanks for everyone's help, suggestions, and support..

Hope this thread helps someone else with similar issues..

So all is well and I wanted to share what I suspect is the POSSIBLE offending data..

After aligning nearly everything between the dev and live sites in terms of add-on installs and other configuration settings, the ONLY items left that would affect the configuration table were the various modules installed (payment, shipping, order totals). The dev site only has the free shipper, USPS shipping and Check/Money Order enabled. The live site had the same shipping options, but Authorize.net was the only payment module enabled. Though the order totals were identical between the dev and live site, I couldn't rule them out as a possible culprit. So to test my "theory", I did the following:

1. Turned off ALL the order total, shipping and payment modules in the dev site.
  2. Backed up JUST the values in the configuration table for the order total, shipping and payment modules in the live site.
  3. Put the dev site into maintenance mode
  4. Pushed the configuration, configuration_group, and admin_page tables from the dev site database to the live site database, and re-enabled PHP 5.4 on the live site. The live site came back up in maintenance mode.. (whoo hoo!!)
  5. Backed up the live site's newly populated configuration, configuration_group, and admin_page tables.
  6. Restored on the live site JUST the configuration values for the payment, shipping, & order totals from backup I made in step 2

As I expected.. the live site died..

So I restored the configuration, configuration_group, and admin_page tables from the backup I made in step 5, and logged into the admin and manually configured all the order total, shipping and payment modules for the live site.

All is right with the world.. Sure was a very long journey to get here, and I still don't know the EXACT cause..

Thanks to everyone who posted here, or PM'd, or e-mailed to help.. You are all very much appreciated.. and it was all helpful in one way or another to getting to the end of this nightmare.. Hope I don't have to do this again..