Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default USPS RateV4 Intl RateV2 - January 26, 2014 Updates to: January 26, 2014 Version K

Get the new USPS shipping module for testing prior to final release.
    This is the:
    * USPS RateV4 Intl RateV2 - January 26, 2014 Updates to: January 26, 2014 Version K

In theory, it should work on the Production Server as well as on the Test Server. However, the new changes will only work on the Test Server until sometime on January 26, 2014 when USPS activates the new changes.

Please test this and report back any issues that you may experience ...

The new USPS January 26, 2014 shipping module has been released:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...014-Version-K1
    Last edited by Ajeh; 24 Jan 2014 at 07:01 PM. Reason: Fix USPS date
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: USPS RateV4 Intl RateV2 - January 27, 2014 Updates to: January 27, 2014 Version K

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    Get the new USPS shipping module for testing prior to final release.
    This is the:
    * USPS RateV4 Intl RateV2 - January 27, 2014 Updates to: January 27, 2014 Version K

In theory, it should work on the Production Server as well as on the Test Server. However, the new changes will only work on the Test Server until sometime on January 27, 2014 when USPS activates the new changes.

Please test this and report back any issues that you may experience ...
    So to confirm, the thought is, this can be installed now, and provided no bugs have been introduced in developing the changes (and no significant changes are made on the USPS side), that the above plugin could be used on a production server now and when January 27th comes along (and assuming no additional updates are necessary/identified) that this plugin and all of the associated settings could remain in place until the next change is needed?

I realize I have indicated a lot of ifs and possibilities, but I also understand things happen.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: USPS RateV4 Intl RateV2 - January 27, 2014 Updates to: January 27, 2014 Version K

Providing there are no more changes to the code, this should be the final solution ...

From what I have been testing, this also appears to be working right now with the Production Server as well ...

Other than the new features, which cannot show until USPS updates the Production Server, this appears to be fine for both ...

Testing the new features does require using the Test Server ...

Any results of good or bad on both the Production and Test servers would be helpful to the testing ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

The update installed successfully on my test server and I've successfully pulled domestic Priority and Priority Express as well as Priority Intl and Priority Express Intl quotes (for various countries/continents). I'll play with a couple more configurations, too.

Plugin Contributions

I know that it's been this way for a while, but shouldn't the default for "Retail" vs. "Online" pricing be "Retail"? I never really paid attention (shame on me) to that setting until testing this new version and saw that the price for shipping a USPS Priority Flat-Rate envelope was $5.05 instead of $5.60!

Plugin Contributions

Half want that to be Retail and the other half want Online so either way I lose ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    Half want that to be Retail and the other half want Online so either way I lose ...
    No, either way you win because you've satisfied 1/2 of the people!

Thanks for the response; at least I'm aware that I'll want to change this setting from its default!

Plugin Contributions

Correct me if I'm wrong but

Aren't there some classes of service that are available to Online pricing but NOT available to retail pricing and also the other way around; available to retail but not online? Regional Flatrate comes to mind.

I personally desire to use retail pricing but must resort to choosing online pricing because of the need to use the online/commercial classes that are not available to retail.

So put me into a third category of talking about a blend of both worlds. Said as I duck for cover.

I appreciate everything you do Linda and am happy to have a functional USPS module where I have as much control as is provided. I've found ways to skin that retail/online cat.
    Rick
    RixStix (dot) com
    aka: ChainWeavers (dot) com

Plugin Contributions

That is correct, there are some things that work for Retail vs Online and vice versa but they cannot be mixed on the quotes so you do need to make a choice on which works best for you ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

I thought the changes take effect on Sunday 1/26? (According to the USPS . com website) Is it actually Monday 1/27?
    Can you clarify this, Linda? (Ajeh)

PS- so far it seems to be working fine on my test server using the USPS test interface. Getting expected (new) results for various
    types of mailings that are affected by the new changes and the others remain stable. Let's hope they don't change it again at the last minute.
    Thanks,
    Debbie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast