Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default When can we upload the new USPS files?

Ajeh: First, thanks for your work in getting these files complete (as usual). I will be "buying you a cup of coffee" soon.

I tried to upload the new USPS files about 6:30 am EST this morning, but they don't work yet. I am assuming USPS is not ready yet. Do we know yet when they can be used? Will the old file work until Feb 1?

If USPS is not ready, can someone post on this or a related thread when they do work so I don't have to keep trying and having my site not offering USPS for a while? In return, I will continue to try intermittently and will post somewhere when they are working
    Steve Pembleton
    www.cheapjumprings.com

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: When can we upload the new USPS files?

Technically, the new January 26, 2014 USPS shipping module should work before and after the USPS Production Server is updated ...

If it did not work for you, you might try again loading the files to your server and doing a REMOVE, INSTALL and re-configure on it ...

What errors/issues were you having when you tried it this morning?
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

I did it just as you described above. Removed module, uploaded the new files, installed the module, and entered all of the configuration stuff. When I went to my site, USPS was not being offered, and it said something about not being properly signed in. It suggested I needed to check my password (or something like that - it was 6:30am! - I can get actual text if you need it). I double checked the USPS Web Tools User ID, and it was correect. I then removed the module again, uploaded the old files, reconfigured (including the same USPS Web Tools User ID) and everything was fine.
    Steve Pembleton
    www.cheapjumprings.com

Plugin Contributions

Could you PM me your USPS Web Tools User ID?

It really does not make any sense that you had an issue like that. I have tested the module several times today and other than USPS does not appear to have updated their Production Server yet, it is working just fine ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

I just reloaded the files and it appears to be working now. (You are amazing!!) The price for 1st Class Domestic Large envelope seems very high. It went from $1.69 to $2.68, but let me check that on the USPS site. Maybe that is right.
    Steve Pembleton
    www.cheapjumprings.com

Plugin Contributions

Hmmmmm. It should be $1.40. I don't have any handling fees added. It is probably a setting somewhere, but I can't think of where it could be. I tried switching between retail and online, but thaqt does not affect 1st class. Hmmmmm.
    Steve Pembleton
    www.cheapjumprings.com

Plugin Contributions

Could you turn on the USPS Debug to Log and try your order again then look in the directory:
    /logs

and Zip the shipping log that is created and attach it to your post?

NOTE: remember to turn off the Debug after you are done testing ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Attached should be the debug file
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Steve Pembleton
    www.cheapjumprings.com

Plugin Contributions

It is really so much easier if you zip the usps log file without opening it or using any thing to edit it as it is a lot of data to try to read through and editing or changing the format makes a real mess of things and it is more or less impossible to read everything with any comprehension ...

I am guessing that it is the dimensions being sent to USPS that are affecting the price.

At this time, the dimensions are set for the whole package based on the settings of the module so that the most quotes are returned with a pretty balanced rate returned. Unfortunately, there is not an ideal guess on the dimensions to work with all packages precisely for each quote, as each store is unique and you would need to adjust those dimensions, if need be, to best suit your products ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Not sure if this will help anyone else, but I am recording it here anyway. I just upgraded to the latest files, and it didn't work.....meaning I wasn't getting ANY USPS rates. (All my module settings where the same as before).

I then put the module in TEST mode, just to see if that would work......and it DID. The TEST server returned the USPS rates to me.

So I then put it back in PRODUCTION mode, and it still works! I am now getting the values.

So if anyone else has an issue where they immediately jump to Production and it doesn't work, try to do the test server and then go back to production. That may do the trick.
    - Jeff

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast