Plugin Contributions

Default Use current database with new install of ZC1.5.1

I want to use my current database with a new install of 1.5.1, so that I can start with all fresh files with no edits. Is there any way to do this? I'm at a loss as to how to accomplish what I want to do. If someone could point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it. Old install and database are version 1.5.1 and the new install will be 1.5.1. Help? Thanks! :)

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Use current database with new install of ZC1.5.1

I think I'm overthinking this whole thing. Can I just upload the new files over the old files and be done with it? I was thinking I needed to go through the whole installation process again. If someone can confirm this, I'll upload and be happy. I've done all my test on a separate site already, so I have my few new edits ready on that site.

Plugin Contributions

So long as your current database has gone through the Zen Cart v1.5.1 upgrade, you can use that database with a fresh set of Zen Cart v1.5.1 files.

What I'd suggest doing is, assuming that your cart is installed in a subdirectory off your "public_html" directory:
    1. Create a new directory and copy the fresh Zen Cart v1.5.1 file structure into it. This ensures that you don't have any "stragglers".
    2. Rename the admin directory to your admin directory
    3. Rename (or remove) the zc_install directory
    4. Copy /includes/configure.php file from your current installation (it's got the database credentials)
    5. Copy /YOUR_ADMIN/includes/configure.php from your current installation (ditto)
    6. Rename your current installation directory to something like current_directory_name_old
    7. Rename the new directory to current_directory_name (so it matches the directory name present in the existing configure.php files).

You should be good-to-go!

Plugin Contributions

This is exactly what I did and it worked perfectly! Thanks so much! :)

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    So long as your current database has gone through the Zen Cart v1.5.1 upgrade, you can use that database with a fresh set of Zen Cart v1.5.1 files.

What I'd suggest doing is, assuming that your cart is installed in a subdirectory off your "public_html" directory:
    1. Create a new directory and copy the fresh Zen Cart v1.5.1 file structure into it. This ensures that you don't have any "stragglers".
    2. Rename the admin directory to your admin directory
    3. Rename (or remove) the zc_install directory
    4. Copy /includes/configure.php file from your current installation (it's got the database credentials)
    5. Copy /YOUR_ADMIN/includes/configure.php from your current installation (ditto)
    6. Rename your current installation directory to something like current_directory_name_old
    7. Rename the new directory to current_directory_name (so it matches the directory name present in the existing configure.php files).

You should be good-to-go!

Plugin Contributions

Great! Glad I could help.