Plugin Contributions

Default Order confirmation page text for Free shipping is not instructive

I have Free Shipping set up (freeshipper in admin). It's the only option given. There is nothing to choose.

On the page Step 3 of 3 - Order Confirmation, one the left side of the middle column it displays the "Billing/Payment Information" with a chance to Edit and says:

Payment Method
    PayPal

On the right side it says "Delivery/Shipping Information" with a chance to edit and says:

Shipping Method:
    Shipping

My question is, why doesn't it say...

Shipping Method:
    Free Shipping

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Order confirmation page text for Free shipping is not instructive

What do you see in the totals section of that page on the shipping?
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Hi. I see the totals looking good...

Name:  orderconfirm.jpg
Views: 160
Size:  54.2 KB

Plugin Contributions

does anyone have the same problem?

Plugin Contributions

Are you products marked as:
    Always Free Shipping
    Virtual Products
    Product Weight 0
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

No, they are not because not all are virtual products. But I think you are close. Perhaps I have to specify that every product is free shipping rather than just switch in free shipping. But that would take ages to do. Don't see why it can't be a single toggle switch.

Plugin Contributions

Can you define what these two products are marked as and if either have downloads?
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Yes, the Essay correction is not a download - it is a service. It is denoted as virtual (skip shipping address) and Free shipping. The second is physical and requires shipping address but is normal shipping rules.

But Free shipping is the only option I want to give. So I suppose I have to go through every product and stipulate Always Free shipping?

Plugin Contributions

If all Orders are *always* suppose to be Free Shipping, the fastest way is just install the Free Shipping Options freeoptions shipping module and set the Total >= 0.00 ...

For those marked as Always Free Shipping or Virtual or Downloads you should have the FREE SHIPPING! freeshipper installed ...

NOTE: when a product is Virtual, you do not need to mark it as Always Free Shipping as Virtual means free shipping ...

If you want all products marked as Always Free Shipping, you could run the SQL in the Tools ... Install SQL Patches ... using:
    Code:
    UPDATE products SET product_is_always_free_shipping = 0;
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

That is very helpful, thanks, I am going to clip that piece of information for ever.