Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default USPS RateV4 Intl RateV2 - January 26, 2014 Issue

I have a problem with the new USPS update. The Zen Cart update appears to be working fine, my problem is with the new USPS rules that they have set up.

Standard Post rates no longer show up for zones 1 to 4 shipping. The reason USPS did this was that Priority Mail rates are the same as Standard Post rates in zones 1 to 4, so Priority Mail rates will show up for zones 1 to 4. In zones 5 to 9 Standard Post and Priority Mail rates both show up. Zones 5 to 9 are my problem as I don't want Priority Mail rates to show up - Priority Mail rates are based on box size (if over 12x12x12) in zones 5 to 9. Most of my items are in boxes larger than 12x12x12.

Before this update, I did not offer Priority Mail shipping rates, only Standard Parcel (But would ship via Priority Mail to zones 1 to 4). But now, I don't get Standard Post rates for zones 1 to 4.

Any work around for this??

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: USPS RateV4 Intl RateV2 - January 26, 2014 Issue

This took me a while to hunt down, but I think this should work ...

I believe you are trying to stop the use of Priority Mail when the Zone is greater than 4 ... if so then try this ...

Around line 393 add the code in RED:
    Code:
              $type = $this->clean_usps_marks($Package['MailService']);
    $usps_ship_zone = $uspsQuote['Package'][$i]['Zone'];
    //echo 'USPS Domestic $type: ' . $type . ' $cost: ' . $cost . '<br>';
    then around line 592 change the code to read:
    Code:
    $show_hiddenCost = '';
    if ($type_rebuilt == 'Priority MailTM' && $usps_ship_zone > 4) {
      //echo 'Skip: ' . $type_rebuilt . ' zone: ' . $usps_ship_zone . '<br>';
      // skip
    } else {
              $methods[] = array('id' => $type_rebuilt,
                                 'title' => $title . $show_hiddenCost,
                                 'cost' => $cost,
                                );
    }
            } else {
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

WOW, WOW, WOW - That did it!!

Thank you bunches and I bet others will find this helpful, too

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the update that this worked for you ...

Remember the Zen Cart Team when you are rich and famous!
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

I have pretty much the same problem with a twist. Standard Post rates no longer show up for zones 1 to 4 shipping but many of my items cannot be shipped Priority legally. I explain this in the listing and tell buyers that they must select ground shipping when they check out.

The problem is that with the new code, the only ground shipping shown to buyers is UPS at a considerably higher rate for 1-10 lb packages and this will make some buyers abandon their cart. If they ignore the disclaimer & pay for Priority, the rates are NOT the same as Standard Post. It costs $1.75 more to ship a 4 pound package via Standard Post to zone 4.

Is there any way to simply force the module to show both rates?

Plugin Contributions

At this time, if you force a quote for Ground to get Standard Post on zones 1-4, you will NOT get any other shipping method ...

Do you have something on your Products that identify them where Ground has to be forced?

What happens if you have some Ground products and some not Ground products in the cart at the same time?
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

That is most assuredly not what I wanted to hear.

I do have a disclaimer on ORM-D products that state they have to chose ground shipping but there's 2 problems with that;

1. People don't read.
    2. If they do pay attention, the only ground option they see is UPS at a ridiculous rate for small packages.

If any item in the cart is ORM-D, the entire order has to ship ground unless they purchase enough that 2 boxes are required and I can split the order. I also explain that but once again, the average buyer either doesn't read or they forget by the time they get to checkout.

If the only solution is to remove Priority Mail, I guess that's the easiest thing for me to do. This was a stupid decision on the part of the USPS.

Plugin Contributions

Lovely.....
    I removed Priority as a shipping method and now the only shipping option shown for zone 4 is UPS Ground. Standard Post is apparently still blocked from being displayed.

If you get a chance, could you please post the code that will force Standard Post to show?

Plugin Contributions

I would have to write some custom code for you to force Ground to be available on USPS for the Standard Post, I have not looked real hard into this yet as no one has asked for it since we began beta testing this new module around January 13, 2014 ...

I am not sure how long this will take ... and I am trying to get ready for the Super Bowl ...

If I had no clue about what you sell, how would identify these ORM-D products based on the products table?
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

I too am on the way out to watch my beloved team win. I'm sure it's the same team you're rooting for as you appear to be a very intelligent individual.

There are priorities in life and this is something that can wait. I'll revisit this thread tomorrow.

Go Whomever!!!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast