Plugin Contributions

Default USPS RateV4 Intl RateV2 Jan 26, 2014 Rates, January 26, 2014 Version K1 ----QUESTION

I would like to know what has changed in this new version of the USPS module. I have not yet had my gal install it, but it seems like my old shipping I had from July is working fine.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: USPS RateV4 Intl RateV2 Jan 26, 2014 Rates, January 26, 2014 Version K1 ----QUEST

Quote Originally Posted by WiccanWitch420 View Post
    I would like to know what has changed in this new version of the USPS module. I have not yet had my gal install it, but it seems like my old shipping I had from July is working fine.
    I use the services of priority mail, parcel select, and first class mail packages up to 13oz. I see that my rates are turning up correct for all the first class, but I have not yet installed the new mod. Trying to figure out what the actual changes are.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: USPS RateV4 Intl RateV2 Jan 26, 2014 Rates, January 26, 2014 Version K1 ----QUEST

There were more internal updates to make things work better on the extra services ...

USPS added an extra service charge for a 10:30 am delivery and changed the way the Standard Post works based on Zones ...

The new module allows for separate dimensions for Domestic and International quotes ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    There were more internal updates to make things work better on the extra services ...

USPS added an extra service charge for a 10:30 am delivery and changed the way the Standard Post works based on Zones ...

The new module allows for separate dimensions for Domestic and International quotes ...
    So if none of these apply to me, should I still do the update? It seems I am getting the correct quotes the way i have mine configured. But I notice that the USPS auto fill button does not work anymore. =( I am trying to find a thread on that one.

Plugin Contributions

You should use the current USPS module and I am not familiar with the auto fill add on to tell you how the new settings would be affected by the new USPS shipping module ...

Perhaps someone on the support thread for that add on would know what changes are affecting things on it ...

As to do you "have" to use the new USPS shipping module? No, nothing forces you to, providing you are getting proper quotes ... it is up to you if you want to continue to use the old USPS shipping module ...

There are no guarantees that everything works for the old USPS shipping module with the current changes and if you have issues with the Extra Services or any of the shipping methods I would suggest updating to the new code ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!