Plugin Contributions

Default What are the changes in the USPS RateV4 Intl RateV2 Jan 26, 2014 module?

Is there somewhere that lists exactly what USPS has changed? I know there are some rate increases and service name changes, but are there specific details anywhere?

Thanks!
    Danielle

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: What are the changes in the USPS RateV4 Intl RateV2 Jan 26, 2014 module?

You might read the technical documentation on the USPS website:
    https://www.usps.com/business/web-to...umentation.htm
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: What are the changes in the USPS RateV4 Intl RateV2 Jan 26, 2014 module?

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    You might read the technical documentation on the USPS website:
    https://www.usps.com/business/web-to...umentation.htm
    Yeah I've looked through that, the Current Release Notes, and a bunch of other pages, but I just don't see where it actually says what the increases are. My client just needs to know if Priority rates have changed and how much because that's all they use. It's all mostly greek to me to be honest.
    Danielle

Plugin Contributions

I'd call USPS to obtain more details on the cost changes ...

As far as the new module is concerned, the Rate quotes are the Rate quotes and do not care about what those rates are, it just cares that it communicates with the USPS server and USPS sends back their 2014 rates ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    I'd call USPS to obtain more details on the cost changes ...

As far as the new module is concerned, the Rate quotes are the Rate quotes and do not care about what those rates are, it just cares that it communicates with the USPS server and USPS sends back their 2014 rates ...
    Ah OK, I'm not familiar with USPS really, I misunderstood. So if her store is still returning rates then there is no reason to update? Because USPS would be sending the 2014 rates?
    Danielle

Plugin Contributions

Technically, the USPS module should work. The updated released for January 26, 2014 has minor corrections for miscellaneous issues that have been reported since the July 28, 2013 J5 release in addition to the changes for new services that USPS has added.

While it is up to you what to do, we do recommend staying up to date with current releases.

A new release does not require much more than loading the new files on to the server and doing a REMOVE, INSTALL and re-configuration of the USPS shipping module ...
    Linda McGrath