Plugin Contributions

Default Searching atributes

Hello!
    I got an problem and I decided to ask it here on board.
    I need to add to search pannel option to search products that have certain ReadOnly atributes added.
    For example - every product have numerical atribute and I want to give customer option to search product between two values. Is there some plugin to do so? How can I make it search through with atrbutes? Anyone else got problem with it? Is there maybe an other way to do so?

Regards

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Searching atributes

It sounds like you need to modify/add to the advanced search SQL query. Do you have an example of what you are trying to achieve?
    Twitch.
    https://www.twitchtoo.com Do you work for free? Please donate.
    Twitch Base8 - Obsidian - This, is what's new.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by twitchtoo View Post
    It sounds like you need to modify/add to the advanced search SQL query. Do you have an example of what you are trying to achieve?
    Well basically I like to search all products that have such attribute value.
    For example : There some products that have ReadOnly numerical attribute "volume of the tank" with values 100(...)200(...) and so. I want to add possiblity of searching it in "advanced" search form just like price.
    Also I would like to add other search option for other ReadOnly attrbutes like "propulsion type" with dropdown list that have all values of attribute listed in it.

I want to fillter out products that do not have atributes and values of them that client is searching for. I havent seen such thing anywhere else so I am just asking here if this is even possible.
    Have anyone made such thing before or have any kind of hint how I can do that with attrbutes?

Many thanks
    Last edited by vojtechjan; 4 Feb 2014 at 09:36 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Ok. How I am supossed to add custom SQL query ?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by vojtechjan View Post
    For example : There some products that have ReadOnly numerical attribute "volume of the tank" with values 100(...)200(...) and so. I want to add possiblity of searching it in "advanced" search form just like price.
    Also I would like to add other search option for other ReadOnly attrbutes like "propulsion type" with dropdown list that have all values of attribute listed in it.

I want to fillter out products that do not have atributes and values of them that client is searching for. I havent seen such thing anywhere else so I am just asking here if this is even possible.
    Have anyone made such thing before or have any kind of hint how I can do that with attrbutes?

Many thanks
    Have you looked at the dynamic filter module?

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Thnks Annie. Sorry I tried but no - I cannot make the Dynamic Filter work with my shop. I am using Responsive Sheffield Blue and newest Zencart. When I Install the Dynamic Filter whole page do not load. Anyone got idea what I am doing wrong?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by vojtechjan View Post

Many thanks
    You need to add another search field to the existing SQL search in:
    includes/modules/pages/advanced_search_result/header_php.php

To point it at the attributes.

If you compare the code in the above file with the same file in Twitch Hidden Searchable Model Number, you'll see where the code needs to be changed, instead of products_model_spoon, you can use the attributes field you'd like to search.
    Twitch.
    https://www.twitchtoo.com Do you work for free? Please donate.
    Twitch Base8 - Obsidian - This, is what's new.