Plugin Contributions

Default Simple question regarding the base values of zone rate shipping (1.3.9f)

Hey this is a simple & probably obvious question but I am having some trouble with it...

I juse set up zone shipping rates and everything is working fine & dandy except that I want to change how the cost is calculated based on weight.

Currently I have my zone 1 set to this:

1:20,5:35.00,6:40

Which makes anything under a lb cost 20$, 1 lb to 5 lbs 35$, and 5lbs + at 40$.

What I want to do is change this so 6 is specific to 2 lbs or a kg rather than 5 lbs. I am sure I did this when first building my shop but that was years ago and I am not the most tech savvy...

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Simple question regarding the base values of zone rate shipping (1.3.9f)

Quote Originally Posted by Koda View Post
    Hey this is a simple & probably obvious question but I am having some trouble with it...

I juse set up zone shipping rates and everything is working fine & dandy except that I want to change how the cost is calculated based on weight.

Currently I have my zone 1 set to this:

1:20,5:35.00,6:40

Which makes anything under a lb cost 20$, 1 lb to 5 lbs 35$, and 5lbs + at 40$.

What I want to do is change this so 6 is specific to 2 lbs or a kg rather than 5 lbs. I am sure I did this when first building my shop but that was years ago and I am not the most tech savvy...

Thanks!
    Not a 100% sure what. By 6 is specific to 2 lbs. But assuming that you mean you would like to charge 6$ for a 2 lbs package, then I might suggest adding between the first pair and second pair:
    1.99:35,2:6,

That way anything over 2 lbs will be back at the higher price, anything less than 2 lbs will be at the higher price, but (and I believe the weight listed should be exactly 2 lbs otherwise change to 2.01 will be the 6$ price. I think that was what you were going after, and seeing that no one else stepped up, I thought I would try to help. :)
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Simple question regarding the base values of zone rate shipping (1.3.9f)

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Not a 100% sure what. By 6 is specific to 2 lbs. But assuming that you mean you would like to charge 6$ for a 2 lbs package, then I might suggest adding between the first pair and second pair:
    1.99:35,2:6,

That way anything over 2 lbs will be back at the higher price, anything less than 2 lbs will be at the higher price, but (and I believe the weight listed should be exactly 2 lbs otherwise change to 2.01 will be the 6$ price. I think that was what you were going after, and seeing that no one else stepped up, I thought I would try to help. :)

Hi, thanks for the support!

Actually the 6 is relative to 5 lbs for my cart for some reason. What I would like to do is change this so the 6 is relative to 2 lbs instead. I cannot seem to find out how to do this. I appreciate the help very much!

Plugin Contributions

Hi, thanks for the support!

Actually the 6 is relative to 5 lbs for my cart for some reason. What I would like to do is change this so the 6 is relative to 2 lbs instead. I cannot seem to find out how to do this. I appreciate the help very much!
    Okay, so based on that info, the thought behind my second option was the case. So it seems you have done some testing to figure out the break points. The first value of the combination is the weight that when reached the current or vailable next currency amount should be applied. So <1 lbs $20,>=1lbs and < 5lbs $35, >=5lbs and < 6 lbs $40, >= 6lbs $40.

So, to charge $40 at 2 lbs (approx 1 kilo) you could apply as follows:
    1:20,2:40

Done. If you need some interim charge then you can use a decimal weight between 1 and 2 lbs as necessary. The above line would replace the line previously held. (Ie, the values above would be the onlyones entered in the field that contained 3 pairs of numbers.)
    Btw, the way to state what I have presented is, how do I charge $40 at 2 lbs for shipping. Btw, I left the 1 lbs (~half kilo) as it was and did not try to work in the interim $35 fee.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Okay, so based on that info, the thought behind my second option was the case. So it seems you have done some testing to figure out the break points. The first value of the combination is the weight that when reached the current or vailable next currency amount should be applied. So <1 lbs $20,>=1lbs and < 5lbs $35, >=5lbs and < 6 lbs $40, >= 6lbs $40.

So, to charge $40 at 2 lbs (approx 1 kilo) you could apply as follows:
    1:20,2:40

Done. If you need some interim charge then you can use a decimal weight between 1 and 2 lbs as necessary. The above line would replace the line previously held. (Ie, the values above would be the onlyones entered in the field that contained 3 pairs of numbers.)
    Btw, the way to state what I have presented is, how do I charge $40 at 2 lbs for shipping. Btw, I left the 1 lbs (~half kilo) as it was and did not try to work in the interim $35 fee.
    On second thought, might be:
    2:20,3:40

This would make anything <2 lbs to be 20, and everything 2 lbs and greater 40. Sorry. Btw, this is based on your reporting that in your original setup that at 5 lbs, the amount was 40$, but something less than 5lbs was less than $40.

Plugin Contributions

It worked! Thanks mc!!!

Plugin Contributions

It worked! Thanks mc!!!
    Because imade a mess of providing suggestions, would you mind posting which of the offered solutions fixed the problem for you? I'm sure that someone else would/will like to quickly identify what is needed.

Glad it's working!