Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default eBay Turbo Lister 2.0 Exporter Support Thread

Firstly, I would like to thank the Zen Cart members who have supported my contributions both monetarily and non-monetarily (a simple thank you goes a long way too).

I have currently released editions of the Google Base Feeder based on the original script by Andrew Berezin. I have adapted this script to work with websites such as ePier.com (not currently released publicly) and I am now planning a public release for eBay.

This script will be similar to the GBF. It will be completely admin configurable and it will create a bulk file with values pulled directly from your database. The key differences will be that the file will be comma delimited to match eBay's Turbo Lister 2.0 import specifications, it will have more features for controlling what is exported, and it will export the descriptions in HTML.

Once you have created the CSV file, you will import it using Turbo Lister where you can select the appropriate category, store category, and shipping options.

Some of the additional features from the GBF will be:
    1. Price markups
      • Since eBay fees are siginificantly higher than to sell in your own store, you can enter a percentage to markup the price by X amount.
    2. Additional exporting limitations
      • The GBF currently allows limitations by product category, and max number of items. I plan to allow limiting inclusion by price as well so that items under/over X amount of dollars are not included in the bulk file.
    I will begin writing this contribution before the end of this week and it should be ready sometime next week. I will be away from Friday to Monday and will not be able to reply to PM's or posts until Tuesday. I thank those in advance who are willing to provide monetary support for the writing of this contribution.

Please post any other ideas or features that should be implemented such as further methods for limiting what is included in the bulk file.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: eBay Turbo Lister 2.0 Exporter Support Thread

Numinix,
    Given the quality of your other contributions (notably GBF), can I just say that I'm really excited about this. I'm probably getting ahead of myself here but a couple of features that I think would be really useful:

1. International support (I'm UK based) - as a Canadian I'm sure you'll be doing this anyway but just in case .....

2. I like your idea of having a price filter as well as the category filters that already exist. Would it be possible to have the facility to save multiple versions of this and then just load them when you needed them?

3. Integration with postage modules is likely to be quite complex but would obviously be desireable.

Cheers

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by ARRSE View Post
    Numinix,
    Given the quality of your other contributions (notably GBF), can I just say that I'm really excited about this. I'm probably getting ahead of myself here but a couple of features that I think would be really useful:

1. International support (I'm UK based) - as a Canadian I'm sure you'll be doing this anyway but just in case .....

2. I like your idea of having a price filter as well as the category filters that already exist. Would it be possible to have the facility to save multiple versions of this and then just load them when you needed them?

3. Integration with postage modules is likely to be quite complex but would obviously be desireable.

Cheers
    1. Turbo Lister 2.0 supports all/most of the eBay websites. There will be an admin configuration to select which eBay site Turbo Lister will use.

2. The filters can be turned on or off individually. I don't fully understand the question. Give me an example.

3. Yes, this is much more complex but definitely something to look into in future releases if the support is there. I have released edits to the Canada Post Module and the Fedex Module. But there are many different shipping modules especially internationally which would make this difficult. It would be better to have a shipping module integrated directly with eBay and then have the product weights and dimensions (if you've installed dimensional support) fed into the Turbo Lister file.

SIDE NOTE: I've publicly released the ePier Bulk File Generator v1.0.1 on my website. I'll be uploading the Quick Updates v2.0.3b for use with it shortly.

Plugin Contributions

help question Re: eBay Turbo Lister 2.0 Exporter Support Thread

Could this also work in the opposite fashion? Could you take a TL .csv and convert the ebay listing into cart items? I have 400+ items in my ebay store that i would rather have in my cart.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by PastGenToys View Post
    Could this also work in the opposite fashion? Could you take a TL .csv and convert the ebay listing into cart items? I have 400+ items in my ebay store that i would rather have in my cart.
    That would be another script which could be something to consider in the future depending. I haven't tried this before so it would take me a lot longer to write. But, I am sure I could do it.

HOWEVER, what this script will do is allow you to create your listings within your store and then copy them instantly into your eBay store. You should aim to have a central place (i.e. your zen cart store) for managing and updating your listings which are then exported to Google, ePier, eBay, etc.

Due to major limitations by eBay, I wouldn't suggest using your eBay store as this central management system.

Plugin Contributions

This is really exciting. I for one will contribute, and encourage others to do so if it helps them. Maybe appreciations fee is a better name for it.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you. The mod will be ready late next week since I'll be on holidays til Monday.

Plugin Contributions

Numinix,

I am on the thread now. Let me know about your sources when you get a chance.

Do you have CVS or SVN setup or are you working from a local repo?

Thanks
    David

Auction Lister Pro
    The Zen Way To Ebay

Support Forum

Plugin Contributions

I just wanted to let you know that I am holding off as I am waiting to hear back on your project status.

I can help you write the extractor if you are running into problems.

I also wanted to let you know that I am writing a commercial replacement for TurboLister/Blackthorne users now. Those two apps work fine until you start getting large lists and try to sync them up. So something needs to be done about that.
    David

Auction Lister Pro
    The Zen Way To Ebay

Support Forum

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by numinix View Post
    1. Turbo Lister 2.0 supports all/most of the eBay websites. There will be an admin configuration to select which eBay site Turbo Lister will use.

2. The filters can be turned on or off individually. I don't fully understand the question. Give me an example.

3. Yes, this is much more complex but definitely something to look into in future releases if the support is there. I have released edits to the Canada Post Module and the Fedex Module. But there are many different shipping modules especially internationally which would make this difficult. It would be better to have a shipping module integrated directly with eBay and then have the product weights and dimensions (if you've installed dimensional support) fed into the Turbo Lister file.

SIDE NOTE: I've publicly released the ePier Bulk File Generator v1.0.1 on my website. I'll be uploading the Quick Updates v2.0.3b for use with it shortly.
    Having thought about it please ignore my #2.

If you are looking at international shipping modules then can I suggest that those of us based in the UK would love to see Big Royal Mail included ........ please

Yours in anticipation

Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast