Plugin Contributions

Default How to link "Back to Product List" button back to last page history

I have a client who has many products. Problem is when viewing a product and you click the "Back to Product List" you are taken back to page 1 at the top of the page. It would be better if you could return to the page you were previously viewing (or to same area of the multiple product list which is the same page and product you are viewing).

In his case if you are on page 5 and you click a product for detail, and then when you click "Back to Product List" it would be nice to go back to page 5 of the multiple product list. Not all the way back to the very top of page 1 again.

I have read these posts: http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...k+product+list and http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...-Page-Sessions

Wish Zen Cart would give us a setting like: take back to first product or take back to same product page in multiple products view, that pertains to this list.

It seems like this never got addressed. This seems to be a re-occuring issues others are having. Years later I am seeking the same answer. Does anyone have an answer for this as of yet?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How to link "Back to Product List" button back to last page history

One way to do this would be with HTML (change what the button does in the places it appears in the files).

I did a search for "html for back button" - it is Javascript based (so client side - they can have it off) - and it depends on using the browser history - if they arrived at the page by search engine or bookmark it will not work. There are easily half a dozen useful relevant links on the first page (W3Schools etc).

The other way to do it would be with PHP

Code:
    <?php
      $url = htmlspecialchars($_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER']);
      echo "<a href='$url'>back</a>"; 
    ?>
    The question is, the browser already has this built in - are you trying to provide a different function to the browser back button?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by sports guy View Post
    I have a client who has many products. Problem is when viewing a product and you click the "Back to Product List" you are taken back to page 1 at the top of the page. It would be better if you could return to the page you were previously viewing (or to same area of the multiple product list which is the same page and product you are viewing).

In his case if you are on page 5 and you click a product for detail, and then when you click "Back to Product List" it would be nice to go back to page 5 of the multiple product list. Not all the way back to the very top of page 1 again.

I have read these posts: http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...k+product+list and http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...-Page-Sessions

Wish Zen Cart would give us a setting like: take back to first product or take back to same product page in multiple products view, that pertains to this list.

It seems like this never got addressed. This seems to be a re-occuring issues others are having. Years later I am seeking the same answer. Does anyone have an answer for this as of yet?
    In looking at data captured by superglobals, there is some back information that is captured at least for two levels inside of Zen Carts data. That said, should be able to test if there is no back data associated with a desired location, then to behave a certain way.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Been looking for this. Ended up coding something myself, maybe someone has good use with this:

PHP Code:
    $pathlength count($cPath_array);
    $pathcount 1;
    $category_url '';
    foreach(
    $cPath_array as $catID) {

$category_url .= $catID;
      if (
    $pathcount $pathlength && $pathlength 1) {

$category_url .= '_';
      }

$pathcount++;
    }
    echo 
    '<a href="' zen_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT'cPath=' $category_url) . '">Terug</a>'