Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default renaming directory folder

I apologize up front for how dumb this question is; I'm not brand new but I don't know much at all! (I do know I need to upgrade, but first things first.)

I have read and understand the tutorial ""I have installed ZC to a directory. How do I rename or move that directory?". I think I can do this once my question is resolved. Here goes:

My webhost says the landing page must be named index.xxx
    Webhost is Lunarpages, Linux servers.
    The top hierarchy is: /public_html/

Currently, the website's (www.dancingtothespiritofthewood.com) landing page is a home page (named index.htm) which has a link to http://www.dancingtothespiritofthewood.com/webstore which opens up the zen cart store. Works great.

I have to get rid of the website pages which are NOT a part of the webstore, and I want the site to open to the zencart home page when the url "http://www.mydomain.com" is typed into the browser.

The tutorial says to create a new folder name. It seems to me that if I follow the steps in the tutorial to create a folder in which to hold the zencart documents my webhost will not recognize the folder unless it's named index.xxx.

The current folder is named webstore.

What do I name the new folder? Or do I take the index.php document (currently in webstore/includes/languages/english and move it out of the folder named webstore and onto the server? (I'm pretty sure this would create a small disaster!)

I don't want to experiment if there's a simple (or even not so simple)answer. Thanks for your patience!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: renaming directory folder

1 - In your host cPanel, are there any domain forwards?

2 - What domain/folder is your configure.php pointing at for Zen Cart?
    Twitch.
    https://www.twitchtoo.com Do you work for free? Please donate.
    Twitch Base8 - Obsidian - This, is what's new.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you for your input.

As far as I can tell (remember, I don't know much) there are no domain forwards. I checked cPanel—no redirects, no subdomains.

configure.php is here:

/public_html/webstore/includes/configure.php

(Or at least that seems to be the hierarchy).

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by bluelion View Post
    Thank you for your input.

As far as I can tell (remember, I don't know much) there are no domain forwards. I checked cPanel—no redirects, no subdomains.

configure.php is here:

/public_html/webstore/includes/configure.php

(Or at least that seems to be the hierarchy).
    Open configure.php, does it direct the store/admin 'CATALOG' to the root or the sub directory?
    Twitch.
    https://www.twitchtoo.com Do you work for free? Please donate.
    Twitch Base8 - Obsidian - This, is what's new.

Plugin Contributions

it says:

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/home/danci18/public_html/webstore/');

Plugin Contributions

it says:

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/home/danci18/public_html/webstore/');
    I've been reading lots of forum posts. Would the following work?

Remove all the zencart docs and folders from the primary "webstore" folder so the directory would be /public_html/... (all the documents contained in the current webstore folder)?

In other words, since my host says I have to have index.xxx at the "top level" under /public_html/ for the URL to work, do all the files and folders for zencart have to be in a separate folder named (in this case) webstore, or can they be taken out of the "top level" folder?

Plugin Contributions

You're making thei harder than it needs to be, I think.

Move all the folders and files from the /webstore directory to the root (public_html) directory.

Remove the index.html file from the public_html folder.

Edit the two configure.php Zencart files to remove all mention of /webstore (so the define above will be: define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/home/danci18/public_html/'); - (there are also other places to remove the /webstore part).

Done. Zencart uses index.php in the root to start your store.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks so much. I'll give it a try and let you know the results. I really appreciate this--can't try it right now but will do so later on today. Thanks again.

Plugin Contributions

Still not working...

I've been working on this on and off and followed your directions. I did get everything out of webstore folder, reset the configure.php in includes and admin, but when I go to the site the text has loaded but none of the images.

I reset sessions in the admin session directory as well. Anything I try to do out of admin takes me to a error page which shows this: The requested URL /webstore/xxxx/admin.php was not found on this server.

where xxxx is the renamed admin folder. So there is still some setting that says webstore, right?

HELP!!!!!

Plugin Contributions

Still not working...

I've been working on this on and off and followed your directions. I did get everything out of webstore folder, reset the configure.php in includes and admin, but when I go to the site the text has loaded but none of the images.

I reset sessions in the admin session directory as well. Anything I try to do out of admin takes me to a error page which shows this: The requested URL /webstore/xxxx/admin.php was not found on this server.

where xxxx is the renamed admin folder. So there is still some setting that says webstore, right?

HELP!!!!!
    MORE INFO AND UPDATE

I found a couple of lines of code with /webstore/ that I had failed to change. But the site still does not load images. www.dancingtothespiritofthewood.com

--when I updated the code for the directories (for such things as DIR_WS_CATALOG) I used the entire path (home/danci18/public_html) instead of just public_html. In some places there was previously just /webstore/ and in some the entire path.

--I changed includes/configure.php and xxxx (new admin)/includes/configure.php.

--In Admin Configuration Sessions, I changed it to /home/danci18/public_html/cache. I can't change it back now--it still takes me to error message "The requested URL /home/danci18/public_html/ha5Ly2/configuration.php was not found on this server."

--to deal with hacking issues from several years ago, I created a new admin folder with xxxx (not the real name) for its name. There is still a folder named Admin which has the following folders in it: includes, classes, functions, and modules. Under the old directory hierarchy (/webstore/) everything was working fine, so I don't think I need to delete it, but should I move those files into the xxxx (new admin) folder?

Thanks so much for any and all help.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast