Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default how to incorporate structured data markup in zen cart for product pages

Hi
    need some help please with structure data markup, i used webmaster data highlighter to generate custom html with image name description and price for one page from zen cart, when i click create html it says HTML Source with Microdata Markup, add highlighted text to your html, im kinda cracking up at this stage i have searched all over and tried and tried to learn how i can add this to my cart to help with Google ranking,
    I also edited some php files i followed this guide below,
    http://pro-webs.net/blog/2012/09/25/...org-microdata/
    i had to undo the first edit the html_output edit as my cart vanished for a few mins,
    I used structured data testing tool to see if i had done any good from with this editing but no not a single thing changed, the cart is probably invisible to google like being stuck in a cloaking shield you cant get out of!!!...................... hay im over here.. google!!! hay help... ahhh
    any help much appreciated.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: how to incorporate structured data markup in zen cart for product pages

You need to edit includes/YOUR_TEMPLATE/templates/tpl_product_info_display.php.
    Have a look at the 1.60 code on github, it has this code already implemented....may be incomplete but its a start.
    Steve
    github.com/torvista: Spanish Language Pack, Google reCaptcha, Structured Data, Multiple Copy-Move-Delete, Image Checker, BackupMySQL Admin/Auto...

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: how to incorporate structured data markup in zen cart for product pages

Hi torvista thanks for your help, i signed up github and searched for zen cart 1.60 code and didnt find anything that looked familiar, could you point me a little further in the right direction thanks again :)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by joejoe View Post
    Hi torvista thanks for your help, i signed up github and searched for zen cart 1.60 code and didnt find anything that looked familiar, could you point me a little further in the right direction thanks again :)
    You will find it here https://github.com/zencart/zencart/tree/v160
    What ever your doing remember to KISS ( Keep It Simple Stupid )

Plugin Contributions

Steve
    github.com/torvista: Spanish Language Pack, Google reCaptcha, Structured Data, Multiple Copy-Move-Delete, Image Checker, BackupMySQL Admin/Auto...

Plugin Contributions

thanks you guys for the help much appreciated, still struggling with the structured data nothing showing up on google it not even from a link to my g+ profile.. il keep chipping away at it, is there a specific php file for each page on zen cart for all the different categories and products? could highlighted data be added item by item? if you found the php files with the products listed? thanks again guys.

Plugin Contributions

tpl_product_info_display.php handles all product pages, by looking up and outputting the values for the current product being displayed.
    To output your microdata, you will need to write PHP code to find the relevant values for the product (generally in the database) and insert those values into variables like $product_availability_microdata, as the github file shows. There should be other v1.6.0 files in that github area showing the process of populating $product_availability_microdata etc. You might look for /includes/modules/pages/product_info/main_template_vars.php.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by gjh42 View Post
    tpl_product_info_display.php handles all product pages, by looking up and outputting the values for the current product being displayed.
    To output your microdata, you will need to write PHP code to find the relevant values for the product (generally in the database) and insert those values into variables like $product_availability_microdata, as the github file shows. There should be other v1.6.0 files in that github area showing the process of populating $product_availability_microdata etc. You might look for /includes/modules/pages/product_info/main_template_vars.php.
    thanks for the help.
    now i think iv messed up big time here, iv noticed that when i click on a product on the website nothing shows up just a blank page i copied this webpage http://pro-webs.net/blog/2012/09/25/...org-microdata/ and now need to restore can i download original php files so i can restore my products and zencart please help

Plugin Contributions

Yes, you can download the original fileset for your version of Zen Cart, either the latest from this support site, or an earlier version from the Sourceforge site.

i had to undo the first edit the html_output edit as my cart vanished for a few mins,
    Experimenting on your live site is a very bad idea, as you probably realize by now. You should make a clone of your site in a subfolder or on your local computer, for a safe place to try things. If something fails there, you can just wipe it and start again at your leisure without stress.
    Last edited by gjh42; 12 Nov 2013 at 02:00 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks so much guys really appreciate all the help, im gonna do that from now on, no more messing around with the live site. thanks again really great bunch of folks on here :)

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast