Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Option values in attributes controller sort order

Hi, I need to change the sort order of the option values displayed in the attribute controller.

There will be an attribute for every day of the year ie january 1st january 2nd etc etc

I am setting the option sort orders as 1 through 365 to get them to display correctly on the product info page but in the attributes controller in admin they are displaying in alphabetical order ie april first 1 through 30 then august 1 through 31.

I need them to display in sort order low to high

How can this be achieved

Thanks in advance

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Option values in attributes controller sort order

Attribute Values have a Sort Order that you can set to arrange their display order ...

NOTE: 365 Attributes is quite a number to add on a Product ... what exactly are you trying to accomplish with an Attribute for every day of the year?
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

My customer is selling training courses, I have the option name set as course date. I now need to add option name values for every date in the year so as he can set a date against each of his training courses.

I know attributes have a sort order that displays correctly in the product info display but i need them to display in sort order in admin not alphabetical much easier to add if the order starts january rather than april

P.s. I am not adding 365 attributes to a product I am adding 365 option values to an attribute option name
    Last edited by Congerman; 17 Feb 2014 at 11:56 PM.

Plugin Contributions

While this is usually not necessarily a good way to display the Attributes Option Values, you could try editing the:
    /your_secret_admin/attributes_controller.php

and add the code in RED:
    Code:
      function zen_js_option_values_list($selectedName, $fieldName) {

global $db, $show_value_numbers;

$attributes_sql = "SELECT povpo.products_options_id, povpo.products_options_values_id, po.products_options_name, po.products_options_sort_order,

pov.products_options_values_name, pov.products_options_values_sort_order

FROM " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_VALUES_TO_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS . " povpo, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS . " po, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_VALUES . " pov

WHERE povpo.products_options_id = po.products_options_id

AND povpo.products_options_values_id = pov.products_options_values_id

AND pov.language_id = po.language_id

AND po.language_id = " . (int)$_SESSION['languages_id'] . "

ORDER BY po.products_options_id, po.products_options_name, pov.products_options_values_sort_order, pov.products_options_values_name";
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

worked a treat thank you very much

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the update that this worked for you ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Trying to work out the code can you shed any light on the use of po and pov as pov option value name is still in there but pov option value sort order is taking presidence

Plugin Contributions

Any chance you can do a screen shot that might help better define the problem?

I thought you want the Option Values to display by Sort Order in the selections ...

Perhaps you can be a bit more specific in an image ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

There is no problem with your solution it works perfectly as far as i can see. I am just trying to understand the code
    " ORDER BY po.products_options_id, po.products_options_name, pov.products_options_values_sort_order, pov.products_options_values_name";"

You have put pov option values sort order in there before pov option value names

i would like to understand the priorities with your solution and the meanings of po and pov

It is not needed information but the more i learn then the better lol

Thanks for your solution

Plugin Contributions

I see ...

If you look at that SELECT statement, you will see the table references:
    Code:
                          FROM " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_VALUES_TO_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS . " povpo, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS . " po, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_VALUES . " pov
    Each table is referenced with:
    povpo
    po
    pov

which saves having to write out the whole name of the table ...

On the ORDER BY:
    Code:
    ORDER BY po.products_options_id, po.products_options_name,  pov.products_options_values_sort_order,  pov.products_options_values_name
    It defines what the sort order for the records selected should be so this is sorted by the products_options table field products_options_id then it looks at the products_options table products_options_name it then sorts the products_options_values table products_options_values_sort_order and then the products_options_values table products_options_values_name ...
    Linda McGrath

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast