Plugin Contributions

customer issue One of the admins suddenly can't login, password is correct, other admins are fine

Hi all,

I'm the superuser admin in my ZC and there are a few "lower-level" admins who have restricted access to the shop (they can only access the order areas). One of these admins can no longer login to the admin area even though I've reset the password myself and made sure it is correct. No other admins are affected. I even created a new "lower-level" admin and I can login to that account just fine. What could be the cause of one of these admins suddenly not being able to login (she's been using the shop for months and everything was fine)?

When I tried to login as the problem admin, ZC didn't say the password was incorrect, it simply reloaded the page, no warnings whatsoever.

Thanks in advance!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: One of the admins suddenly can't login, password is correct, other admins are fin

Can you log into this admin's account using her credentials, or is it only when she tries to login? Does she use the same browser as you do? Does she try to login from the same location (i.e. using the same IP address)?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: One of the admins suddenly can't login, password is correct, other admins are fin

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    ..... or is it only when she tries to login? Does she use the same browser as you do? Does she try to login from the same location (i.e. using the same IP address)?
    Nods in agreement, there's the crux - she should clear the cache and/or use another browser. If that fails, ask her to try and log in from another computer with a different IP.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by shirster View Post
    When I tried to login as the problem admin, ZC didn't say the password was incorrect, it simply reloaded the page, no warnings whatsoever.
    So no, I cannot login to this admin account either, although I can login to my own account just fine, and also a new dummy admin account that I created just to test and see if it was a ZC problem.

I tried to login to that problem account using two different browsers, both browsers failed, even though these browsers have no problem logging me in to the other admin accounts. So it is just her account.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by shirster View Post
    So no, I cannot login to this admin account either, although I can login to my own account just fine, and also a new dummy admin account that I created just to test and see if it was a ZC problem.

I tried to login to that problem account using two different browsers, both browsers failed, even though these browsers have no problem logging me in to the other admin accounts. So it is just her account.
    Hmmm.... odd one indeed! Couldn't you just delete that account entirely and create a new one for the admin person in question - maybe even using a different email address?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by frank18 View Post
    Hmmm.... odd one indeed! Couldn't you just delete that account entirely and create a new one for the admin person in question - maybe even using a different email address?
    Or, maybe, try editing that admin's user record, re-type the admin's user Name and save the record?