Plugin Contributions

help question Remove add to cart, and buy now when product is FREE and Virtual (downloadable)

Hi All,

Does anybody know how to get rid of the buy now and add to cart when the product is free and marked as virtual? I am also using the brilliant mod from delia extra_product_files which allows users to download without having to go through add to cart and checkout.

But the page looks a little confusing when on the one hand it says FREE, the text says download and a button says add to cart!

Any help appreciated.

Bob

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Remove add to cart, and buy now when product is FREE and Virtual (downloadable)

The way i would do is modify the template, and create an IF statement on the product_info page if the product was free/not free.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Remove add to cart, and buy now when product is FREE and Virtual (downloadable)

Quote Originally Posted by bislewl View Post
    The way i would do is modify the template, and create an IF statement on the product_info page if the product was free/not free.
    Yes, that would be the route I would suggest to locate the area of code that presents the various options based on the cart settings or specific product settings. Unfortunately I don't recall the specific file location at the moment (but if you were to look at the plugin Checkbox TextBox Icon Product Checkout changes to one or more of the applicable files and location of where to apply similar changes is provided.)

Basically saying, if you compare the files from the above package you can tell where a similar change would be necessary for you to code what you are wanting. Above plugin is found at: http://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=1811
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...