Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Setting an attribute to be 'Required' does not work.

The products we sell (tours/activities) are such that we need to know certain things to process an order.

I've checked the red boxes in the attribute controller to make those specific attributes required, and it definitely worked, I remember it sending me back to the product page and telling me to fill required things in.

But I haven't checked it in a while and I've come a long way since I remember it working the way I wanted it to. I've made several changes, installed add-ons, etc., and now it doesn't appear to matter whether or not I check an attribute as required, even if a required attribute is left blank the product is still added to cart.

Is there a way to switch that back on? I'm not even sure what I did to turn it off in the first place.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Setting an attribute to be 'Required' does not work.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike D View Post
    The products we sell (tours/activities) are such that we need to know certain things to process an order.

I've checked the red boxes in the attribute controller to make those specific attributes required, and it definitely worked, I remember it sending me back to the product page and telling me to fill required things in.

But I haven't checked it in a while and I've come a long way since I remember it working the way I wanted it to. I've made several changes, installed add-ons, etc., and now it doesn't appear to matter whether or not I check an attribute as required, even if a required attribute is left blank the product is still added to cart.

Is there a way to switch that back on? I'm not even sure what I did to turn it off in the first place.
    To help others help you, please provide an example product (via web address), and if possible, please be more specific about the settings for the product(s) and the applicable attributes.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Make cup of tea.

You've admitted installing upgrades, it sounds like you've wiped out the switch.

Sip the tea.

Check the product page the switch should be on for functionality, switch between your current template and the Classic Green template to find out if it's a problem with the template files or the core files.

Report back when the tea is empty.
    Twitch.
    https://www.twitchtoo.com Do you work for free? Please donate.
    Twitch Base8 - Obsidian - This, is what's new.

Plugin Contributions

http://www.shakatourshonolulu.com/oc...dolphin-safari

I've changed every attribute for this product to required and it still gets to the cart with missing attributes.

I don't know where exactly things are going wrong - hence the forum post - but I did change a number of stock zen cart things to get where I am. For instance, the price of a product is dynamically calculated by a javascript running on the page that calculates the price based on some of the attributes. The actual price of the product is set to $1 so the javascript inserts the "price" that it calculated into the qty field, which sets the price.

Will try tea suggestion now...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by twitchtoo View Post
    Make cup of tea.

You've admitted installing upgrades, it sounds like you've wiped out the switch.

Sip the tea.

Check the product page the switch should be on for functionality, switch between your current template and the Classic Green template to find out if it's a problem with the template files or the core files.

Report back when the tea is empty.
    Ok I've still got tea left but I plan on refilling the cup anyway...

I've switched between templates and the "switch" appears to be unaffected, the product is still added to the cart no matter which template I use.

Plugin Contributions

Ok then it's a change to the modules, classes or functions related to the product page... Or the switch is working and the attribute conditions are not within the scope of the existing code.

Can you get it working with a new product that doesn't have any extras added to it? Perhaps try with a different product type?
    Twitch.
    https://www.twitchtoo.com Do you work for free? Please donate.
    Twitch Base8 - Obsidian - This, is what's new.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by twitchtoo View Post
    Ok then it's a change to the modules, classes or functions related to the product page... Or the switch is working and the attribute conditions are not within the scope of the existing code.

Can you get it working with a new product that doesn't have any extras added to it? Perhaps try with a different product type?
    We've got an existing product on our site (http://www.shakatourshonolulu.com/hp...canyon-snorkel) that doesn't use the javascript calculator to figure out the price but good ol' zen cart all the way. I've changed all the attributes to required and when I leave it blank it still hits the shopping cart.

I tried testing different product types last night, music and documents, but for some reason the attributes I add to the products don't show up.

And actually, today, I'm having a new problem. I disabled the status to the category for the products i was testing. Now I can't change the status of any products or categories. Chrome keeps spitting "No Data Received" back at me. Gonna see if I can't take care of that and post back.

Plugin Contributions

Oh boy...so I don't think I did anything major today. Switched between templates a bit. Created a couple new products, deleted a few new products. Changed the status for one of those products and I changed an option in admin for music product types then changed it back but that's it...and now I can't seem to change the status of any products or categories.

The new product I changed to "status off" (red box instead of green) I can still access (http://www.shakatourshonolulu.com/test/test-product) even though it's set to disabled. The other disabled things are inaccessible. What gives?

I was hoping it was a server issue but everything else appears to be working fine. Did I fat-finger it? Any ideas?

Plugin Contributions

Oh boy...so I don't think I did anything major today. Switched between templates a bit. Created a couple new products, deleted a few new products. Changed the status for one of those products and I changed an option in admin for music product types then changed it back but that's it...and now I can't seem to change the status of any products or categories.

The new product I changed to "status off" (red box instead of green) I can still access (http://www.shakatourshonolulu.com/test/test-product) even though it's set to disabled. The other disabled things are inaccessible. What gives?

I was hoping it was a server issue but everything else appears to be working fine. Did I fat-finger it? Any ideas?
    By what methodare you trying to enable/disable? Just clicking on the red/green button when looking at the list of products/categories? That's related to a file setup in that file. Last time I helped someone with that, I said it was a PoST/GET issue, then realized that there was a thread that talked about an early problem (no longer existent) with Image Handler (all because the code for that plugin was of an older version of ZC), the thread had a fix link in it and while it discusses IH, it is all about the file that is probably giving you trouble.

On the other side of things, and a little slower, you should still be able to change the status when reviewing the product. (First set of radio buttons). I'll look for the thread and see if I can find it again.

As for your required attribute(s), I went to the one product initially provided, I entered nothing, and when selecting add-to-cart, sure the "cart" appeared, but it was empty. Same as when I selected a date, but once I select a quantity, then it got added to the cart. At no time did I receive any type of error message, which was a bit of a surprise. Anyways, what is it that you are trying to make required again? Normally when something is required the template changes the surrounding text to show like an asterisk (*) or something. Don't see anything indicating any required attributes.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    By what methodare you trying to enable/disable? Just clicking on the red/green button when looking at the list of products/categories? That's related to a file setup in that file. Last time I helped someone with that, I said it was a PoST/GET issue, then realized that there was a thread that talked about an early problem (no longer existent) with Image Handler (all because the code for that plugin was of an older version of ZC), the thread had a fix link in it and while it discusses IH, it is all about the file that is probably giving you trouble.

On the other side of things, and a little slower, you should still be able to change the status when reviewing the product. (First set of radio buttons). I'll look for the thread and see if I can find it again.

As for your required attribute(s), I went to the one product initially provided, I entered nothing, and when selecting add-to-cart, sure the "cart" appeared, but it was empty. Same as when I selected a date, but once I select a quantity, then it got added to the cart. At no time did I receive any type of error message, which was a bit of a surprise. Anyways, what is it that you are trying to make required again? Normally when something is required the template changes the surrounding text to show like an asterisk (*) or something. Don't see anything indicating any required attributes.
    Yep, just clicking the red/green box to enable/disable things. Worked fine until today. I did see the thread about imagehandler but since I don't have that installed figured it probably doesn't apply to me.

I'll see if I can find those radio buttons.

I believe the reason the cart appears but shows nothing is because if you neglect to enter a value for amount of people, nobody is going on the tour/activity so it won't cost anything, and I'm thinking zen cart interprets that as $0 so there's nothing to add to the cart (assumption only, I don't know what zen cart is doing). The lack of error message is exactly my problem, I'm not sure what's causing it and I wish I hadn't stopped making daily backups a month ago when I thought I had it all figured out. I can tell you that when I did have it working and zen cart was telling me that I hadn't filled in the required fields (I'd land back on the product page with the required things at the top of the screen) there weren't asterisks next to the attributes at the bottom of the page.....unless you mean the asterisks were in the error message in which case I can't remember if there were asterisks or not.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast