Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Setting an attribute to be 'Required' does not work.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    NOTE: If you still cannot find it, run this in the SQL:
    Code:
    INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, last_modified, date_added, use_function, set_function) VALUES ('Text prefix', 'TEXT_PREFIX', 'txt_', 'Prefix used to differentiate between text option values and other option values', 0, NULL, now(), now(), NULL, NULL);
    Made this first change and things appear to be working again (thanks!)

Also, check for these settings ...
    Search for the configuration_key
    PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_TYPE_SELECT
    UPLOAD_PREFIX

If those are missing, you can fix them with:
    Code:
    INSERT INTO `configuration` VALUES ('', 'Product option type Select', 'PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_TYPE_SELECT', '0', 'The number representing the Select type of product option.', 0, NULL, '2007-03-19 17:57:39', '2007-03-19 17:57:39', NULL, NULL);

INSERT INTO `configuration` VALUES ('', 'Upload prefix', 'UPLOAD_PREFIX', 'upload_', 'Prefix used to differentiate between upload options and other options', 0, NULL, '2007-03-19 17:57:39', '2007-03-19 17:57:39', NULL, NULL);

What version of Zen Cart are you using?
    I'm using v1.5.1. Those configuration_keys are both missing and when I try to run the code I get an error:

Error

SQL query:

INSERT INTO `configuration`
    VALUES (
    '', 'Upload prefix', 'UPLOAD_PREFIX', 'upload_', 'Prefix used to differentiate between upload options and other options', 0, NULL , '2007-03-19 17:57:39', '2007-03-19 17:57:39', NULL , NULL
    )

MySQL said: Documentation
    #1136 - Column count doesn't match value count at row 1

Plugin Contributions

Try this from the v1.5.1 sql file and do them one by one:
    Code:
    INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, last_modified, date_added, use_function, set_function) VALUES ('Upload prefix', 'UPLOAD_PREFIX', 'upload_', 'Prefix used to differentiate between upload options and other options', 0, NULL, now(), now(), NULL, NULL);
    and this one:
    Code:
    INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, last_modified, date_added, use_function, set_function) VALUES ('Product option type Select', 'PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_TYPE_SELECT', '0', 'The number representing the Select type of product option.', 0, NULL, now(), now(), NULL, NULL);
    Last edited by Ajeh; 4 Mar 2014 at 05:33 PM.
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Try this from the v1.5.1 sql file and do them one by one:
    Code:
    INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, last_modified, date_added, use_function, set_function) VALUES ('Upload prefix', 'UPLOAD_PREFIX', 'upload_', 'Prefix used to differentiate between upload options and other options', 0, NULL, now(), now(), NULL, NULL);
    and this one:
    Code:
    INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, last_modified, date_added, use_function, set_function) VALUES ('Product option type Select', 'PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_TYPE_SELECT', '0', 'The number representing the Select type of product option.', 0, NULL, now(), now(), NULL, NULL);
    The fixes seem to have remedied my problems. Thanks so much, I don't think I ever would've got that on my own. I made a small donation, hopefully you can get a coffee out of it.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks very much for your support it really helps the Zen Cart Team in providing the Free Support forums and writing the code for Zen Cart ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion Re: Setting an attribute to be 'Required' does not work.

Aha! I've had this same issue and adding those three configuration rows fixed it. We're also on 1.5.1. Not sure why they were missing in the first place, though....

Plugin Contributions

A lot of addons are written incorrectly and delete those based on their install methods ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

By "written incorrectly", Linda is referring to the fact that many mods which alter the database delete fields with (I think) configuration_group_id = 0 while installing their own fields. DrByte and swguy have written posts about this and how mod authors should correct their practices, though a more robust fix suggested was to change the stock ZC database so that there are no "0" ids. This may be implemented in the newest versions, not sure.

In any case, Flexible Attributes does not touch the database.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234